Answered

Wifi not working on P Smart after update

• 28 March 2019
  • 5 replies

My p smart 2019's wifi is not working after the software update as soon as I switch it on it goes off again not even the hotspot switches on and the Bluetooth takes time to switch on
icon

Best answer by Amy 28 March 2019, 10:15

Hey Phantom_Rebel, Welcome on the Huawei Community, please introduce yourself here.

Regarding your question: there is another thread about WiFi problems on the 9.0 update. Please try the tips in that thread and let us know if it helped. 🙂
View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hey Phantom_Rebel, Welcome on the Huawei Community, please introduce yourself here.

Regarding your question: there is another thread about WiFi problems on the 9.0 update. Please try the tips in that thread and let us know if it helped. 🙂
Hi there,

I've had a P Smart 2019 for around 2 months now and it has always had an issue with my home WiFi. It constantly disconnects and reconnects which is very annoying when I'm trying to watch YouTube etc. I have tried resetting the Network settings through the reset menu but it doesn't solve the issue. My Mum also has an Honour 10 Lite which is the same as the P Smart 2019 and she doesn't have these issues. Any ideas?

Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @Josh8902, I moved your question here to avoid double topics.

@Phantom_Rebel did you get this solved? 🙂
Hi, my daughter also has a Smart P with recent upgrade to version 9.1.0.130 (C185E6R1P5). While mobile data works as usual, both WiFi and Bluetooth are showing the same behaviour: They are both turned off and once turned on in the settings menue they go off automatically after a few seconds. For Wifi not even a list of networks is shown.
We have tried the "usual list of things to do", i.e. reset wifi settings, clear cache and even did a complete factory reset (which was very annoying as it did no change anything but cost us a lot of time).
The misbehaviour definitly started with the recent upgrade some days ago, no apps have been installed recently.

So any help is appreciated,
Thanks
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@soerenG I've seen elsewhere in the community that the support team suggest calling the hotline over issues like this as it might be an antenna issue with the device. Hope this helps.

https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/contact-us/