Answered

AI Cube light ring colours

• 7 July 2019
  • 9 replies

Hi

i have the AI cube and the led light ring is a slow yellow/orange pulsing, and then makes a really annoying sound every so often

anyone know what it is? The instructions just say it will turn to blue when ready for requests.

When i say Alexa it turns blue and Alexa does work and the device is connected to the internet.

can the light be turned off? What does the yellow light mean? And what is the beep for?

Thanks
icon

Best answer by jd417 18 July 2019, 14:00

This is Alexa letting you know you have a message or notification. Just ask her to play your messages.
View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @Psullivan,

Welcome on the community! @iaingarrow and @vocale also use this cube. Are you able to help @Psullivan? 🙂
This is Alexa letting you know you have a message or notification. Just ask her to play your messages.
I’ve also have a AI cube with the same problem. When I ask Alexa to play my messages she reply stating the thr AI cube is not supported to play messages
@jd417 When Alexa is asked to play message or notification she responds "Messaging with Alexa is not supported on this device. You can use the Alexa app instead" - so unlikely. At least in the UK anyway.

Considering this device is towards the top end of the Huawei line up the support and lack of information is very surprising.

I too wish to suppress the annoying LED strobe lights as this is in a bedroom and keen to understand the random chimes it makes.

Super annoying that the router admin page has zero notification suppression options and the supplier (Three) have no knowledge of this product.

Even when registering for this community the "Ai cube" or "B900-230" isn't even an option.

http://www.three.co.uk/Support/Devices/Modems/Huawei/AICubeB900

The page is empty
I 💯 agree with the above UK responder and all he says, including 3 (having nothing) as the network provider is correct. I have exactly the same thing going on and on. Grr.
As I said.. "Considering this device is towards the top end of the Huawei line up the support and lack of information is very surprising"

[tumbleweed]
I have exactly the same problem. I've had the device for all of three hours and am already experiencing problems. Has anyone figured out how to solve it?
Have you worked out if you ca take the lights off yet or not or its that how y ca view your notificatins on the device?
Have looked online and can't see what the how to change
I had this and was getting the same messages aren’t supported guff.

then asked Alexa to play my notifications and got a message that an Amazon delivery was arriving.

after that the light went off