Answered

Arabic language support on lite OS

• 2 February 2019
  • 57 replies

Userlevel 1
I was surprised after i bought the Watch GT that it doesn't support the Arabic language , the notification are useless now , and they show as an icon with large blank space under it.

Without any wear OS apps support , and no notifications. This is just glorified heart rate monitor.

Unacceptable.
icon

Best answer by ayman_ahm 11 June 2019, 16:00

@Danjl , you redirected me to the same topic and it didn't help. whatever happened with that guy is not applicable to us while we are on version 1.0.8.34.

Can you please raise this to the technical team with the details that we are providing you instead of redirecting us to useless topics?

Also no one from the technical team is interacting on any of the topics.

now @ayman_ahm , @Jassimalyaqoob , and myself are facing exactly the same issue and no one provided any solution.

Please reply with a real solution. give us a refund or get us a replacement with watches that are actually working properly. these what i call real solutions, not redirecting us to useless articles and waste our time.

Thanks,
Moahammad.

i try to ask the Huawei in UAE about this problem and i think this is the only true answer the give

Thank you for contacting Huawei technical support.
We fully understand your situation.

Regarding your inquiry, please confirm if there is (C03) behind the watch version number, you can go Settings-About-Version on the watch to have a check.
With (C03): HUAWEI WATCH GT supports Arabic language on dynamic characters, which includes notifications and caller ID since version 1.0.7.14. Currently the user interface does not support Arabic language, but will support Arabic language in future updates.

At the moment, without (C03): HUAWEI WATCH GT does not support the Arabic language.

so i guees without C03 on our watch we will not have the Arabic Language on our watch
View original

57 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi, @alaqeeak,

Thank you for inquiring about this! Regarding this, I would like to inform that, if the watch has been purchased from a specific region, it will only support the language and the feature of the region that it has been purchased from.

Nevertheless, I would like to thank you for your feedback on this, I will forward it to our developers so it will be considered on a future update.

If you have any other questions, please let me know!

Best wishes,
Max
Thank HUAWEI for this amazing product. Arabic language still missed, all Arabic notifications are empty. We'r waiting for Arabic support.
Regards,,,
Userlevel 2
Hi, @alaqeeak,

Thank you for inquiring about this! Regarding this, I would like to inform that, if the watch has been purchased from a specific region, it will only support the language and the feature of the region that it has been purchased from.

Nevertheless, I would like to thank you for your feedback on this, I will forward it to our developers so it will be considered on a future update.

If you have any other questions, please let me know!

Best wishes,
Max

I bought mine from Saudi Arabia and yet the watch doesn't support Arabic notifications
Please find a solution this is very disappointing.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi all,

I am very sorry to hear about the situation you are currently facing.

Have you tried inquiring in regards to this with the customer care support in your region?
They will be able to assist you further with the request as they have more details about the products specifically manufactured in the Saudi Arabia- as we are the UK customer care support.

You can contact Saudi Arabia customer care support at the following number: 8001220888, from Sat. to Thu.: 09:00 - 24:00; Fri.: 16:00 - 24:00.

I trust this information is of assistance. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!😀
Max
Hi, I bought my GT watch from Saudi Arabia but found it does not support Arabic notifications. Is Huawei working on a solution for this case?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @Nayef,

I moved your question to this thread. Please read the comments above. You can contact Saudi Arabia customer care support at the following number: 8001220888. 🙂
I called the service center but they assured no arabic support. Hope this issue to get resolved soon.

BR Nayef
That is really shocking.. I got the Huawei Watch GT as a birthday gift from my wife and was shocked that it doesn't support Arabic Language.. currently I am not using it anymore.

I hope Huawei can lunch an update that supports Arabic very soon.

BTW, it was bought from one of well known stores in UAE.
Userlevel 1
Just got my watch from a well-known store in Egypt too, no Arabic support! Is there anything you can do about it? it's a real bummer
GT watch is a great device I liked it so much, but unfortunately,it lacks Arabi notifications. I was totally disappointed when I found out that the watch doesn't support Arabic notification. I wake up every morning and cheek my mobile for a new update that may solve this problem. Many people in the Arab market waiting for this quality. Thank you a lot
New watch gt active support arabic, but still waiting arabic support on my watch gt 2018, i buy it from uae, please fix issue..
Userlevel 1
New watch gt active support arabic, but still waiting arabic support on my watch gt 2018, i buy it from uae, please fix issue..
interesting! Do you have an idea what firmware version the new gt active is running?

New watch gt active support arabic, but still waiting arabic support on my watch gt 2018, i buy it from uae, please fix issue..interesting! Do you have an idea what firmware version the new gt active is running?

It's 1.0.7.28(c03) on watch gt active
My watch gt 2018 version is 1.0.7.36, how come my watch os version newer than watch gt active and not supporting arabic?!

Still waiting update for arabic support....
Waiting for liteOS arabic support on watch gt-3e7
Still waiting update for arabic support
Userlevel 1
Hello Huawie Team / All,

This does not make any sense. you can not assume that all the people living in specific region are native language speakers. there are more Arabs outside the Arab world than inside it :)

Moreover, I have bought mine from United ARAB Emirates and it was a pre-order.

there has been more than 10 software updates pushed to my watch since i bought it, and none of them made any difference.

VERY DISAPPOINTING.

To be fair, the watch looks great and the battery life is amazing. Also the monitoring capabilities are the best. among many other watches i have tried.

Thanks,
Mohammad
Why does not my watch support Arabic?

I bought it from Saudi Arabia months ago, yet I can not even read watsapp messages.

Very disappointed, I will never buy Huwawi watches again in the future.
still waiting for an Arabic notifications support...really disappointed from you Huawei 😞
Got this update. Check out what is written here 🙂

Our watches has finally supported Arabic 🙂

I will provide another picture for my watch after the update.

Got this update. Check out what is written here :)

Our watches has finally supported Arabic :)

I will provide another picture for my watch after the update.

but I didn’t receive any update 😐

I think the update I received earlier was actually a downgrade or something. Anyways, after that one, I got thousands of updates to install to my watch. Now my watch supports Arabic 🙂

There are many updates to install by the way, we are not done.

@Hussamq did you buy your watch and smartphone from an Arabic region?

I buy my watch from UAE but still no update. Is there anything to do to get this update?
Userlevel 1
My watch still does not support Arabic and I am not receiving any updates. I am currently on version 1.0.7.42

Userlevel 1
It is very strange! Yesterday, I have received an update from 1.0.7.42 to 1.0.8.34 but that update did not include the Arabic language fix. I still did not receive the Arabic language fix update. is this normal? Am I going to receive that update ever?

Please let me know if I am missing something here!