Answered

Got MediaPad T3 7 today and won't update due to lack of space.

I just got the MediaPad T3 7 today and won't update due to lack of space. It wants to update to OTA-BG2- U01C100b030D001_B31D002

I get an error message "Notice - Insufficient space. Please free up at least 75.75 MB of space and try again"

I have not added anything to the device this is straight out of the box. I have added a 30GB SD card but that does not seem to help.

Can someone give me a solution to this please?
icon

Best answer by ncampbell 26 February 2019, 19:54

Hi @Max

Thanks for your reply. If you had read my question fully, "I have not added anything to the device this is straight out of the box.", you would have realized that most of your answer was redundant.

I could not move or uninstall anything as it was all stock out of the box, no "move some files (documents, pictures, videos)"as I had not used the device also no"Another thing will be to delete any large apps that you are using." I had not installed any new apps.

Anyway on a positive note I found a solution that worked.

I went to the settings>>apps menu and cleared data from the apps that were there and where possible disabled the apps which meant they uninstalled all the updates they had added. This freed up enough space to complete the update. It updated twice and the second one was even larger. I had to do more work to make this happen. Once it was fully updated I enabled the apps I had disabled and they updated themselves to the latest version.

This is a poor design on behalf of Huawei that it cannot update when new out of the box. I have some technical knowledge of android and was able to manage this but your average consumer might not have the experience to solve this.

This is a bit like buying a car and then having to take it to the garage to get the engine sorted before you can drive it. Not what I expected from Huawei. 🤔
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @ncampbell,

I am glad to hear that you have purchased a Huawei device!

Regarding your issue, I would like to inform you that the updates are made on the internal memory of the device only, so an SD card won't help in this case.

What you can do will be to move some files (documents, pictures, videos) on the external storage (SD card) to free up some space.

Another thing will be to delete any large apps that you are using. Don't worry, you should be able to reinstall it after the update! :)

I hope my suggestions will help on your inquiry,

Best wishes,
Max
Hi @Max

Thanks for your reply. If you had read my question fully, "I have not added anything to the device this is straight out of the box.", you would have realized that most of your answer was redundant.

I could not move or uninstall anything as it was all stock out of the box, no "move some files (documents, pictures, videos)"as I had not used the device also no"Another thing will be to delete any large apps that you are using." I had not installed any new apps.

Anyway on a positive note I found a solution that worked.

I went to the settings>>apps menu and cleared data from the apps that were there and where possible disabled the apps which meant they uninstalled all the updates they had added. This freed up enough space to complete the update. It updated twice and the second one was even larger. I had to do more work to make this happen. Once it was fully updated I enabled the apps I had disabled and they updated themselves to the latest version.

This is a poor design on behalf of Huawei that it cannot update when new out of the box. I have some technical knowledge of android and was able to manage this but your average consumer might not have the experience to solve this.

This is a bit like buying a car and then having to take it to the garage to get the engine sorted before you can drive it. Not what I expected from Huawei. 🤔
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hey @ncampbell,

and welcome back!

We are happy to hear that you managed to sort this out and we apologize about the inconvenience this might have caused you.

Thank you for reporting this to us, we have taken your feedback into account and we'll make sure that this won't happen anymore.

Best wishes,
Max!

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings