Question

How do i get Histen sound effects when my headset is bluetooth as there is no 3.5mm jack on mediapad

• 11 April 2019
  • 6 replies

I have a Huawei mediapad M5 10.8" tablet that has no 3.5mm jack point for wired headphones. So I have JBL Bluetooth headphones connected but the Histen settings are greyed out . It says they can only be used when a headset is connected which my headphones are connected.
Googling answers has brought up that this setting will only work with wired headphones but that is impossible as there is no jack for wired connection .
Question is how on earth do I get the Histen sound effects to work ?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @marksmith60, welcome to the community!

We're happy to hear that you're using our product.

At the moment the Histen sound effects are not available through Bluetooth connection. If you try via type-C headphones, you'll see the options in settings.

We understand that you'd still like to use this function, we'll try our best to improve it as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
Max
I have a Huawei mediapad M5 10.8" tablet that has no 3.5mm jack point for wired headphones. So I have JBL Bluetooth headphones connected but the Histen settings are greyed out . It says they can only be used when a headset is connected which my headphones are connected.
Googling answers has brought up that this setting will only work with wired headphones but that is impossible as there is no jack for wired connection .
Question is how on earth do I get the Histen sound effects to work ?Hi @marksmith60, welcome to the community!

We're happy to hear that you're using our product.

At the moment the Histen sound effects are not available through Bluetooth connection. If you try via type-C headphones, you'll see the options in settings.

We understand that you'd still like to use this function, we'll try our best to improve it as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
Max

Hi MAx,
I would like you to help me because I want to disable Histen in some way so that I can use my bluetooth headphones, I'm really not interested in improvements.

Regards,
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi MAx,
I would like you to help me because I want to disable Histen in some way so that I can use my bluetooth headphones, I'm really not interested in improvements.

Regards,

you just need to pair the bluetooth headphones to your device, Histen is not available for bluetooth but doesn't stop you from using bluetooth devices.
Hi Max,

I use Huawei Mediapad M5 Pro and bluetooth headphones. I would be very happy, if you can improve the function of the Huawei sound system and activate listening Histen Sound Effects using bluetooth headphones in next software update for Huawei. It would be very nice, if we can do that.

Halim
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Hi @Halimur Rahman!

Thank you for the feedback!

I will pass this to the development team so they can check that feature and include it in a future update.

We appreciate that you came up with this, I am happy to see customers who are putting effort to write us a feedback or any kind of request.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have further issues! You can send a private message as well, if you want this kind of assistance!

Have a lovely day!

All the best,
BarneyT
Hi! I would also like to ask you to include histen sound effects on Bluetooth audio devices, I just bought a pair of tws and Histen has been always a fundamental part of EMUI for me, so it would be just nice to enjoy my new pods.
Thanks for reading!