Answered

How to move apps to sd card on MediaPad T3 & T5

• 21 September 2018
  • 39 replies

Force allow apps on ex storage greyed out
icon

Best answer by Benjibenji 18 November 2018, 23:13

Since emui restricts you from downloading apps from the SD cards you need to download apks, downloading apks will store on microSD card.
There's a app called apkpure (not available from play store) try searching up "apkpure" then go to the website and then Download the app i tried it and no issues come to my device. Reply if it worked. At least i'll show some proof that the app had no harm to my device.

View original

39 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi Swerve!

The "Force allow apps on external" is a function placed in Developer options, as it's a function of Android. However, even if the option is not greyed out and it's activated, it still can't be used, as our devices don't allow this function.

Hope this helps!

Max
Userlevel 1
So I bought a new Samsung microSD card and I put the default location to "SD CARD". The memory card had no issues. And then when I want to download a app from the Google play store it says my storage is full although I have a memory card inserted on my Huawei mediapad T3 8.0. I don't know why is the system using its internal storage? Is there a solution to fix this problem?
Please I need to download important apps.
Thank you for reading this.

System version: EMUI 5.1.2
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hy Benjibenji

The reason for that message is simply the fact that the OS dose not support apps to sd card. As i said above "The "Force allow apps on external" is a function placed in Developer options, as it's a function of Android. However, even if the option is not greyed out and it's activated, it still can't be used, as our devices don't allow this function." What you can move to the sd card is cached data, media files and documents.
To free up some space on the device please do a cache wipe and remove some unessential apps. Also move to the sd card and pictures or videos.

And as always if you need any further assistance please feel free to contact us via forum or via mail, chat or hotline at https://consumer.huawei.com/

Best wishes,
Max
Userlevel 1
I found a solution to download apps to my SD card. Thanks for helping, Max.
I found a solution to download apps to my SD card. Thanks for helping, Max.
Hi Benjibenji

Could you please give your method to install apps into SD? Thanks

Regards
Userlevel 1
Since emui restricts you from downloading apps from the SD cards you need to download apks, downloading apks will store on microSD card.
There's a app called apkpure (not available from play store) try searching up "apkpure" then go to the website and then Download the app i tried it and no issues come to my device. Reply if it worked. At least i'll show some proof that the app had no harm to my device.

Userlevel 1

I found a solution to download apps to my SD card. Thanks for helping, Max.Hi Benjibenji

Could you please give your method to install apps into SD? Thanks

Regards

Solution ^^^
Mediapad t5. Is there any hope that Huawei will enable this function in an update? I just bought mine and installed a few apps, none of them taking up lots of space and there is only 2.8gb left in internal storage! It would be a great help if the facility to use the sd card was available, as it is in the normal version of Oreo (8.0).

Hi Benjibenji, thank you for providing an update on this. If I were to download an apk (Netflix as an example), and I want to download a TV series for offline watching, I assume the content I download will also be saved on the SD card?
Userlevel 1

Hi Benjibenji, thank you for providing an update on this. If I were to download an apk (Netflix as an example), and I want to download a TV series for offline watching, I assume the content I download will also be saved on the SD card?

Downloading films on Netflix will save to the SD card since you put the storage location to "SD card".

Hi Benjibenji,

Thanks

This method didn't work for me, the mediatab uses to store installed programs on the ROM whereas I ve specified sd2 storage in apkpure. I'm sorry to report that.
If someone has an issue...
Do we have to root to be able to use SD as an internal storage?
Thanks

Hi Benjibenji,

Thanks

This method didn't work for me, the mediatab uses to store installed programs on the ROM whereas I ve specified sd2 storage in apkpure. I'm sorry to report that.
If someone has an issue...
Do we have to root to be able to use SD as an internal storage?
Thanks

Fredscott,
you have to convert your SD card to internal storage. If you go to Storage, select your SD card and to settings you will see the option. You have to reboot after it's done and SD card has to be empty before you convert.
Haven't tried it yet, but if you use APK pure and download to SD card, then install, it should use card's space too.
I will try in the evening with my Huawei T3 pad.
Bye
I have brought a T3 media pad for my son and AN SD card.

How do I transfer photos and films from the internal memory to the SD card?
Userlevel 1
I have brought a T3 media pad for my son and AN SD card.

How do I transfer photos and films from the internal memory to the SD card?

So to transfer photos to the memory card you must move the photos/videos to the SD card. Firstly go to gallery then go to "camera" and next go to "camera (tablet)". Next select all photos/videos (touch and hold). And then tap a icon that looks like a card (move to). Then to move the selected images/videos, touch "camera SD card". And then the content has successfully moved! I hope this helped.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Good morning @Perry,

Did you read @Benjibenji's reply? Did you manage to transfer your photos and films to the SD card? 🙂

Hey @Benjibenji any chance you give the steps you're using ?
I'm trying it in my mediapad T5 but it's not working, and I am not sure if I'm doing it wrong or no.
Thank you!
Hi All,

Just so you know, I've downloaded this APKPure app and it is basically another version of the Google playstore from what I can see. It genuinely didn't seem to make ANY difference to anything on my tablet... I've adjusted every setting that I can get in to and changed all my permissions to try and resolve this.

Unfortunately I think Huawei have made extending your useable memory in to an SD an impossibility. Whether this is there choice or an issue with the wider Android system I don't know. But it's a shame as it ruins an otherwise good piece of kit :(

If anyone else has any other idea's or can show me where I went wrong I'm open to suggestions.

James.
Userlevel 3
Well Huawei, this ridiculous, counterintuitive design flaw has cost you this customer - and judging by the forums and social media, many many more. It's the most stupid decision you could have made as a company (short of spying perhaps). One of the main reasons people buy Android devices over Apple is because of the expandable storage, yet you've decided to make that extra storage useless unless the user plans on storing tens of thousands of songs or a few million photos. What on Earth possessed you to make this stupid decision? The tablet I purchased today has been packed up and will go back to the seller tomorrow. You've really shot yourselves in the foot with this. Another iPad for me... Well done.
As the owner of a MediaPad T3 10 who cannot store apps on the sd card. I can say this will be the one and only Huawei purchase I make.
Userlevel 1
What a total waste of money. Who buys a tablet to only be able to add a couple of apps to it? I want my money back or an update to fix the issue. How can I recommend something that is not fit for purpose??????
The system takes more than 6g of the 16g just for firmware, you advertise it is expandable by 256g sd card but prevent the transfer of apps to it. This issue needs to be fixed or I am going to every where that it can be reviewed and make it clear this product is useless. There is no point having a good product you don't allow users to use as they choose.
I would have been better off buying an unbranded tablet for half the price than going with a name that was supposed to be compation for the likes of Apple.
What's the money spinning angle Huawei are going for? Are they going to offer some sort of cloud service we have to pay for so we can use what we've already bought? I want to store apps on my sd card and nothing on any cloud.
What do you think? Should we be allowed to choose what we store where? Would you buy the tablet knowing you could only use the expandable memory for pictures, music and files?
Unbelievable. Even more restrictive than Samsung. This design decision is just really disrespectful, and it spoils an otherwise good device.

I just bought 3 MediaPad M5s and will be packing them up for return tomorrow morning. Count me as another customer you've lost to this.
I'm thinking about returning this tablet as this unfixed issue is a deal breaker as I only have 8GB Internal storage! :(

I learnt it the hard way when I bought a 128GB sd card later realizing only some apps could be moved, I do understand that apps that came installed with the tablet cant be moved, but the ones I install later need to able to be moved to the sd card.

I have tried several recommended apps with no success, is my only option to root the tablet?

Huawei Tablet T3 7
8 GB
EMUI 4.1
Hi all, I have just purchased the above Tablet. I am having difficulties moving apps to the SD Card, can anyone help me with this please?

Many thanks
This inability to put apps to SD card is now a serious issue. I* have been notified that the upcoming Win10 update due in a few days time (May2019) requires increased storage and the 16Gb will be insufficient unless SD card can be used for apps.

This makes the T5, and I guess the T3 a throw away

Huawei must do something else owners of the T5 will be chucking them back at Huawei
Huawei yesterday confirmed that they have completely disabled this function in aid of security. When you format as internal and make default this allows compatible apps to store data there. That is all, so devices will fill up fast depending what you use them for.
Not good