Answered

How to move apps to sd card on MediaPad T3 & T5

• 21 September 2018
  • 39 replies

Show first post

39 replies

When the Win 10 update comes out in a few days, the 16Gb T5 and the T3 are only suitable for binning as trash

See this article from TechRadar which confirms
Are you using Windows 10 on your tablet? Why does the update matter?
Same here...last time I ever buy one of their tablets. Trying to return them as well. Fals advertisement. Ridiculous!!
It is disappointing
Why has Huawei taken the decision to prevent movement of apps to Sd Card? That should be a user decision, not a restriction imposed on us by a manufacturer.
Overall I love the media pad, but am considering returing/changing for a manufacturer who considers their userbase. Should I make this decision I will also change from the handsets too. Very poor management indeed.

Are there anydevs out there who have a workaround?

Thabk you all
dear Huawei,

utterly ridiculous. You suck!
Just an absurd and arbitrary design decision; I won't be purchasing a Huawei product again.
Totally ridiculous! . Had I have known that Apps can't be downloaded/moved to Sd card before I bought it I wouldn't have wasted my money. Shame on you Huawei!
That is indeed ridiculous and big shame. And bigger shame is that they don't read this forum, or - which is worse - don't care. This is not something we call customer support.

Unfortunately I cannot return my T3 tablet now, because it expired warranty, and in the first year it worked, I had no idea that storage can become a problem *and I will not be able to extend it*. I don't store pictures or videos there, those occupy only 30 MB, but the tablet is doomed. From now and again it reports "storage is full", and the clean action frees only ~100 MB.

I still don't understand exactly what is happening: Android/Google chose to not *run* apps from the SD card, except when a developer toggle is checked, and then Huawei decided to not allow this even if you tick that toggle? What can a developer do?
That is indeed ridiculous and big shame. And bigger shame is that they don't read this forum, or - which is worse - don't care. This is not something we call customer support.

Unfortunately I cannot return my T3 tablet now, because it expired warranty, and in the first year it worked, I had no idea that storage can become a problem *and I will not be able to extend it*. I don't store pictures or videos there, those occupy only 30 MB, but the tablet is doomed. From now and again it reports "storage is full", and the clean action frees only ~100 MB.

I still don't understand exactly what is happening: Android/Google chose to not *run* apps from the SD card, except when a developer toggle is checked, and then Huawei decided to not allow this even if you tick that toggle? What can a developer do?
Highly unlikely the retail outlets selling Huawei products are not aware of this "problem" so customers are not aware of it until they experience it for themselves, often too late to do anything about it. I have just had (reluctantly) to go back to a Samsung phone which does allows Apps to be moved the SD card but I am stuck with my Huawei Tablet which is only a couple of months old. My message to Huawei - well done! No doubt you will lose many customers and so you should! Shame on you......
Can the T5 be rooted?
Hi,
I keep on getting the storage running low warning coming up on my media pad T3, when I check the content most of the storage is with pre installed apps. There is an SD card inserted, I have never had this problem with any other tablet before and my usage is about the same, is there anything I can do to free up some space
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Toffeelady2 welcome to the community. I moved your post here to avoid duplication. This topic covers storage space on mediapads. Moving apps to SD is not possible, but perhaps someone on the thread can recommend some tips to help you.