Answered

How To Update Huawei MediaPad M2 801L to Android Marshmallow

• 21 August 2018
  • 2 replies

Hi guys.

How do I update this tablet from Lollipop to Marshmallow?

2). Is it possible to make phone calls from this tablet? It has a sim tray as well as an SD card tray.
icon

Best answer by Max 3 September 2018, 15:45

Hi Sugar Dupree!

Welcome to the forum!

In response to the update question, can you please send me a private message with either the IMEI or serial number of your device, so I can check the status? To send a private message, simply click on my name in the discussion post. In the new window that appears, select "Send message". Please do not post either number on this discussion.

As for the phone capabilities, all our tablets are released in two sub-models: Wi-Fi only and LTE versions, which can take a SIM card and, therefore, facilitates phone calls. All tablets that have SIM capabilities come with a Dialler app preinstalled on them.

If you want to know if your tablet has SIM capabilities, you can either check its card tray or, even easier, check either the original box (if you still have it) or in Settings > About device/tablet > Status. If the tablet has an IMEI number, it has SIM card capabilities. If it only has a serial number, then it's a Wi-Fi only device.

Hope this proves useful and I'm looking forward to your reply! :D

Max
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi Sugar Dupree!

Welcome to the forum!

In response to the update question, can you please send me a private message with either the IMEI or serial number of your device, so I can check the status? To send a private message, simply click on my name in the discussion post. In the new window that appears, select "Send message". Please do not post either number on this discussion.

As for the phone capabilities, all our tablets are released in two sub-models: Wi-Fi only and LTE versions, which can take a SIM card and, therefore, facilitates phone calls. All tablets that have SIM capabilities come with a Dialler app preinstalled on them.

If you want to know if your tablet has SIM capabilities, you can either check its card tray or, even easier, check either the original box (if you still have it) or in Settings > About device/tablet > Status. If the tablet has an IMEI number, it has SIM card capabilities. If it only has a serial number, then it's a Wi-Fi only device.

Hope this proves useful and I'm looking forward to your reply! :D

Max
Thank you, Max. I have sent you a private message.