Answered

How to use dual sim in Huawei P smart

• 12 February 2019
  • 3 replies

Hello everyone, I have bought a P smart last year, the model is FIG-LX1 8.0.0.159(C432). Have searched all over the internet this should be a dual sim phone and it actually has two sim slot, but there is no sim manager in the setting hence can not use the seconde sim card. Some forum says its using a single sim firmware need to upgraded to dual sim firmware, just have no idea where to get the dual sim firmware. Could anyone help me with that, many thanks

icon

Best answer by Max 14 February 2019, 10:35

Hi @lazerworx, welcome to the community!

Please remeber that sharing your IMEI on the community is agains community guidelines. Only send your IMEI to a Huawei Moderator or Huawei Support-team member when asked. Keep your personal information safe. :)

Unfortunately your device is a single-SIM phone. You won't be able to use it as a dual-SIM device since it was not manufactured to be one (is missing the necessary hardware). If it was advertised otherwise we kindly suggest returning it to the retailer.
If the device has only one IMEI numbers it is definitely a single-SIM phone, the model number also points this out (FIG-LX1).

Hope you found this helpful.
Best wishes,
Max
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @lazerworx, welcome to the community!

Please remeber that sharing your IMEI on the community is agains community guidelines. Only send your IMEI to a Huawei Moderator or Huawei Support-team member when asked. Keep your personal information safe. :)

Unfortunately your device is a single-SIM phone. You won't be able to use it as a dual-SIM device since it was not manufactured to be one (is missing the necessary hardware). If it was advertised otherwise we kindly suggest returning it to the retailer.
If the device has only one IMEI numbers it is definitely a single-SIM phone, the model number also points this out (FIG-LX1).

Hope you found this helpful.
Best wishes,
Max
Hi Max, thanks for reply and sorry didn't know about iemi policy. But here is the info I found on the official website and user guide, also my actual device.

I attached below, which is the main reason I purchased two handset for me and my wife. Please double check, many thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @lazerworx,

Thank you for attaching the screenshots in regards to this.

If you go to Settings > About Phone > IMEI, do you see two or one IMEI's?

If you only see one, it means the device is single SIM. If there are two, it means the device is dual SIM.

Looking forward to your response!

Best wishes,
Max