Answered

Huawei e5330as/bs-2 sim locked

• 29 September 2018
  • 2 replies

• Opening Fortune Cookie
  • 1 reply
Hello. I purchased a e5330as/bs-2 pocket wifi device as landline internet coverage is poor where I live. Everything works perfectly, and It is a fantastic product. However, I can only use this with an EE simcard. I want to switch to Three in order to finally have unlimited data but when I put any other simcard in, I get asked to insert an unlock code.. which I get from my provider.. which I don't have because I bought this on Amazon! I wouldn't care but It was advertised as unlocked on amazon. Some help/advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Filsk
icon

Best answer by filsk 3 October 2018, 17:37

Hey Max thanks for the reply. I used the live chat and contacted Huawei directly, who emailed me an unlock code today which worked fine. Id purchased the mobile wifi in july 2017 so that was not a problem.
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi Filsk!

Glad to hear that you recently purchased one of our products. Its locked status is most unfortunate, though!

Usually, the Mobile Wi-Fi devices sold by Amazon are network unlocked, since only devices sold directly by the network providers themselves can be locked. I would recommend settling this issue with Amazon and asking for a replacement, as this is a case of misinformation on their behalf. We can provide network unlocking codes, but we are contractually obligated to not provide network unlocking codes if the devices are less than 6 months or 1 year old, depending on the network provider.

Hope this proves useful!

Max
Hey Max thanks for the reply. I used the live chat and contacted Huawei directly, who emailed me an unlock code today which worked fine. Id purchased the mobile wifi in july 2017 so that was not a problem.