Answered

Huawei Freebuds are great. Any plans for updates to Aptx HD or LDAC?

Hi all
Just received my Freebuds today and I'm actually impressed. A lot better sounding than I was expecting, although I didn't have high hopes.
Although, I noticed they only use ACC Bluetooth codex, are there any planned updates for them to use Aptx HD or LDAC?
Thanks
Walters2001
icon

Best answer by Max 24 August 2018, 13:52

Hi Walters!

So happy to hear that the Freebuds are to your liking! :D

As for your inquiry, at the moment our devices only work with the SBC and AAC audio decoding protocol. The HWA protocol and Apt-X protocol are not supported. As of now, we don't have any official information regarding any update plans for the Freebuds.

Hope this proves useful!

Max

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi Walters!

So happy to hear that the Freebuds are to your liking! :D

As for your inquiry, at the moment our devices only work with the SBC and AAC audio decoding protocol. The HWA protocol and Apt-X protocol are not supported. As of now, we don't have any official information regarding any update plans for the Freebuds.

Hope this proves useful!

Max

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings