Answered

Huawei T5 Losing charge

• 2 May 2019
  • 7 replies

I have a T5 which I purchased in December 18 and have been happy enough with it but I recently started losing charge very rapidly even in standby. This morning I opened the device at 8am and sent some emails and found this forum, I started at 100% having charged it overnight it's now 9.10am and I have already lost 16%. Is this a faulty device? I have done all the cleaning and virus check schedules but nothing changes oops there goes another 1%. I have a P20 phone with no such issues. Should I start to regret not replacing my iPad?
icon

Best answer by DRSC Media 5 May 2019, 15:31

Alright, nothing weird here.

First, backup all your data and make sure to delete your Google account from the device to avoid being Google locked on the next restart. You can backup data either via your Huawei Cloud, Google Drive, etc, copying it on a PC or using Huawei HiSuite to make a full backup of your device.

Once you've backed up all your data, factory reset the device, and set up your tablet again.

If this doesn't solve the issue, see with the place where you bought it for a warranty repair, or contact your local Huawei hotline for instructions on how to send it for a repair.
View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
A virus check? Are you using any specific application for this?

Start by going to the settings of your tablet --> battery, and take a screenshot of "Battery usage" and "power consumption details", then post both screenshots here. Depending on what we see, we'll be able to help you properly.

Please supply said screenshots once the battery is nearly depleted, and not right after charging your device.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
@Jujake , welcome to the community!

We're sorry to hear about the situation you've experienced!

Have you tried a simple factory reset?

Here's some help: https://uk.community.huawei.com/ask-a-question-faq-s-3/having-problems-with-your-device-try-to-reset-your-phone-1205

Please let us know if this helped!

Cheers,
Max
Hi thank you for your reply. I have been using the virus check and clean up in the tablet manager.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
"Hardware 92%" that's quite high, although I'll guess device is on standby. Mind taking and posting a screenshot of Battery usage of Hardware too? Software-wise all seems well.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Alright, nothing weird here.

First, backup all your data and make sure to delete your Google account from the device to avoid being Google locked on the next restart. You can backup data either via your Huawei Cloud, Google Drive, etc, copying it on a PC or using Huawei HiSuite to make a full backup of your device.

Once you've backed up all your data, factory reset the device, and set up your tablet again.

If this doesn't solve the issue, see with the place where you bought it for a warranty repair, or contact your local Huawei hotline for instructions on how to send it for a repair.
Thank you for your advise I'll give that a go.