Answered

M5 - WiFi dies when Bluetooth used

If streaming a movie, and listening with Bluetooth headphones, the WiFi is so poor that video becomes blocky and stutters. A quick Google search shows that this is a known problem with the shared antenna, but since the M5 doesn't have a headphone socket, is this something that might be fixed with a firmware update?
icon

Best answer by Max 17 September 2018, 16:41

Hi HailVectron!

Glad to hear that you are using the M5 tablet.

In response to your inquiry, the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth hardware are deisgned to be in the same chipset and are using the same frequency band. Therefore, using Bluetooth while surfing the Internet using Wi-Fi may cause the Wi-Fi speed to slow down.

Since the M5 supports dual band (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz), use the 5 GHz band to connect to Wi-Fi.

Hope this proves useful!

Max

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi HailVectron!

Glad to hear that you are using the M5 tablet.

In response to your inquiry, the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth hardware are deisgned to be in the same chipset and are using the same frequency band. Therefore, using Bluetooth while surfing the Internet using Wi-Fi may cause the Wi-Fi speed to slow down.

Since the M5 supports dual band (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz), use the 5 GHz band to connect to Wi-Fi.

Hope this proves useful!

Max
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Also worth changing the band your wifi is on but I would wifi on 5ghz if your router supports.
Hi, I have just purchased the Huawei mediapad M5 and I'm having issues with slow WiFi when the tablet is connected to Bluetooth headphones.
I tried playing Netflix HD and it stops and keeps buffering when Bluetooth headphones are connected.
Please could someone help me or do I need to return the tablet?

Many Thanks
J
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @JaYZBeck,

Welcome on the Huawei Community. I moved your question to this thread to avoid double topics. Please read the comments above and please let us know if this helps!

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings