Matebook 13 Battery Life

• 4 May 2019
  • 9 replies

• Opening Fortune Cookie
  • 4 replies
Hello,
I have just purchased a matebook 13 the European version without the external graphics card. I7 core. I really like the machine so far except that it only gives me a bit more than 3 hours of battery life just doing normal stuff like browsing and watching some videos. the setting is in bettter battery mode and the screen brighness is medium.
The official description states that this laptop has more than nine hour, but mine is just a bit more than 3 hours and the battery is brand new only 3 cycles. Is the battery perhaps faulty?

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Hello,
I have just purchased a matebook 13 the European version without the external graphics card. I7 core. I really like the machine so far except that it only gives me a bit more than 3 hours of battery life just doing normal stuff like browsing and watching some videos. the setting is in bettter battery mode and the screen brighness is medium.
The official description states that this laptop has more than nine hour, but mine is just a bit more than 3 hours and the battery is brand new only 3 cycles. Is the battery perhaps faulty?

Unless there's something running in the background that is draining the power and you didn't realise? I'd suggest taking the laptop back to where you bought it as I'm pretty sure there's something up with the battery. It shouldn't be a third of the advertised battery life and as you say it's not doing anything intensive.

Regards Jase.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Can you provide us with a screenshot of the battery usage on the Windows 10 battery settings?

Not sure if that's what you mean or how useful that is. The mode is set to better battery life.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Tap on "See which apps are affecting your battery life"

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Thanks.

And all you do is essentially browsing on Firefox, with the notebook lasting barely 3 hours?

Have you tried testing with a different browser such as Chrome, just to see if this issue is still present?

The easiest is, first you reset the device, and see for a few days if this solves the issue. If you continue experiencing this low battery life, do not hesitate to bring it back to your retailer to see what solution they offer you.
Yes I will try to reset and see if that will solve the issue
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Although a quick look on other forums shows the Matebook 13 has a battery life of 6 to 7.5 hours for most with a similar use to yours (i7 model too), with the 8-9 hours more for regular Office use. But 3 hours, yeah, something's wrong, either some software is draining your battery, internet connection is extremely poor (your screenshots show good connection so I doubt it) or notebook has an issue.