Question

Matebook Pro X Screen repair

• 1 January 2019
  • 3 replies

Hi, I'm hoping somebody can help me with a query I've been getting absolutely nowhere with by contacting Huawei European support. I purchased a matebook Pro X in the USA in June. I absolutely love it but recently found a hairline crack in the screen. I understand that because I purchased the laptop in the USA it's under warranty with America. However the question I can't get a straight answer to is how I go about getting a paid screen repair. Huawei European support seem completely uninterested in helping with this query and are fixated on the fact that the laptop was purchased in the USA even though I've made it clear I do not want to try and have the repair completed under warranty. I've tweeted Huawei UK support but am yet to get a response. Does anyone have any similar experiences or suggestions how to progress this issue? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Cambison,

Could it be possible for you to write to me in private so I can further advise you?
I would also require the S/N of your device if that would be okay with you.

Looking forward to your PM! 😀
Max
Hi Max
I too have a new (less than 12 months old) Matebook X Pro with a damaged screen. (Cracked in top right hand corner) I am looking for a UK repair. Can you help please?

Kind regards

J
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Hello @Rigsbyscat, welcome to our community!

Sorry to hear of the situation of your device!

For the UK region you can arrange the service booking via mail, chat or hotline (at 08000886700 free of charge of course) via https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/

Or if you would like I can also facilitate this for you via PM.

Hope you found this helpful.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any kind of problems in the future. You can also send me a private message for further assistance. Have a lovely day!

All the best,
BarneyT