Answered

P20 Pro audio not recording

• 14 February 2019
  • 21 replies

Hi,

Please can somebody help!!

My audio won't record on anything yet my microphone and speakers are working.

Using the camera app, Snapchat, messenger, audio recorder or anything that records sound simply doesn't work. Some times I'll get a split second white noise at the beginning and then it cuts out and sometimes it just doesn't playback anything.

The volume is fully turned up, the phone is on loud, the software is fully updated, the phone has been restarted, camera settings have been reset and yet nothing seems to work!

I'm on the EMUI version 9.0.0.

Please can anyone help?
icon

Best answer by Belly92 15 February 2019, 18:16

After numerous attempts of restarting my phone, it eventually fixed itself. Very random indeed!

I reset the camera settings and restarted my phone and it started working again.

I really didn't want to factory reset my phone but it was looking like I was going to have to, thankfully it's sorted without going to that extreme.
View original

21 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Hi

That's funny my P20 Pro works fine. I just tried Recorder in the tools folder and also Smart Recorder from here:

Smart Recorder

I'm on Pie too build number 9.0.0.163.

Cheers

Steve
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @Belly92,

Sorry to see that it is not working at the moment! Thanks for letting us know the things you already tried.

Have you tried to restore all settings? Or a factory reset? You can find a how to in this topic.

Please let us know if this makes any difference. 🙂
After numerous attempts of restarting my phone, it eventually fixed itself. Very random indeed!

I reset the camera settings and restarted my phone and it started working again.

I really didn't want to factory reset my phone but it was looking like I was going to have to, thankfully it's sorted without going to that extreme.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hey @Belly92,

Thank you for sharing that with us! Might be useful for others with the same problem. 🙂
Hi I am also having the same problem. I go into video settings and restore to default settings, reboot the phone and all is good. The problem is the next time I go to do a video I play back and no sound again. This is so annoying as I have missed out on some important videos of events I've gone to and also my grandchildren growing up. Can someone please help? Thanks in advance.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@markiepics , have you tried the suggestions from belly92?

Yes that's exactly what I did and it works for about a few hours and then goes back to the same.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Markiepics,

Thanks for letting us know. I flagged this topic for our support team. They will be able to assist you further.
Ok Amy thanks loads
Still no replies Amy. I am still having sound issues. I have just done a video of my sister's surprise Birthday party and yes you guessed it no sounds.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
I'm sorry to hear that @markiepics! @Max, have you looked into this? Let's hope this issue will be solved soon!
Same goes to me. You have to restart phone everytime before you can record with audio.
Hi

I have had this same problem and have had emails with customer services.
Non of the solutions suggested work.
Customer services want me to send my phone away for 2 Weeks.
Which is wrong when there are so many threads about this problem and not just on the P20 pro model.
It is across the Huawei range.
I have a 5 week old child and should not be expected to be without a phone for at least 2 weeks.
There must be a software update to resolve this.
When I record a video the audio stops after about 2 seconds.
The real shame about this is I discovered it when recording the initial videos after the birth of our little one.
Then a simple Google search reveals the full extent of the problem.
I emailed the CEO email address provided to make a complaint which has been ignored and not even acknowledged.
The customer services advisors say they can't email the software engineer to see if a solution is in development.
Gutted to say on this experience I will end up back in the arms of the aplle samsung monopoly which I a massive shame.
However with them if they see a problem like this rearing it's head time and time again they nail it and get a solution that works.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi @Dom77 , really sorry to hear you're having issues, especially as you'll want to capture all those first moments with the little one. Can I check you've tried the following, reset the camera settings and restarted my phone and/or a full reset?
Hi Danjl

Yes I have tried all solutions suggested on this abd other threads from people with this same problem.
Nothing has worked unfortunately
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Dom77,

Thank you for your reply. Sorry to see that it did not help. I flagged this thread for our support team but if you need or want help now, please contact our support team directly: https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/
I am having the same issue, realized when on holiday trying to do a live video on Facebook and everyone said there was no sound, then looked through video of the kids from holiday and yes you guessed it no sound! Well the first second there is a sound then it cuts off. Restarted phone and it worked again. Completely forgot about it, recorded a video this morning and the same, 1 sec of sound then cuts off. Cleared data on camera settings, went back to default, tried to record something still the same. There is obviously a fault on the recent update and I don't want to keep turning my phone on and off to get sound working on my video recorder. Really disappointed
Mines doing this too!! Tried all the above too. Bloody hate this phone...
Userlevel 1
Badge
Hi all,

I apologize for the delay in coming back to you and I'm sorry to hear that you have this issue with the phone's video feature, specially @Dom77 .
I would recommend you to try a backup and a factory reset for the device and if the issue still remains, please review this with our support team in order to send the device into service, where technical engineers could properly review and resolve the phone.
Also you could check with your network provider for a temporary device while yours is been serviced by the service center.
Hope it helps.

Have a nice week!

All my best,
Charlie T.🤓
Hi Charlie

Thanks for the reply.
As you can see from the many topics on this across the forums and accross the models of Huawei. It is clearly a manufacturer problem.
The service centre will take over 2 weeks. The issue is with Huawei not EE. In these circumstances as Huawei cant produce a solution then I woukd expect replacement phone.
I have asked customer services to escalate my complaint to a manager and inform me the resolution steps abd process for my complaint my email has now been ignored 4 times.

This is shocking customer service to say the least

Please could you raise an official complaint for me, confirm it is raised abd inform me of who from supervision will be resolving it and in what time frames

Thanks

Dom
Userlevel 1
Badge
Hi @Dom77

I'm sorry to hear that regarding your situation. I've reviewed your case and it was already handled by the complaints department manager.
We could offer to book the device into service for a proper review further, therefor it will be better to contact the support and review with them the booking procedure.
Hope it helps.

Best,
Charlie T.