Answered

Playing movies from SD card

• 27 January 2019
  • 6 replies

• Opening Fortune Cookie
  • 2 replies
Hi there, hope someone can help with my problem.
I have a Media pad M5 which I just bought a few days ago, I used an SD card to store three movies I purchased from Sky Store and one from Amazon, the Amazon one plays just fine through the Amazon app, however the Sky ones don't, I just get a message saying it doesn't support mirroring, what ever that is.
So I decided to try an app that would allow me to view the movies would be the solution, sadly this has not been the case, I've tried five different apps from Google Play, and none will even register the SD card is there, so what can I do to watch my bought movies offline from an SD card?.
Many thanks.
icon

Best answer by Max 7 February 2019, 10:47

Hi @Kip,
Welcome to the Community!

Regarding this issue: have you tried other types of SD cards as well? Sometimes issues with the memory card such as corruptions etc. could manifest in unusual ways. I would first suggest trying that and also wiping the cache partition of your tablet from the recovery menu:( Switch the device off> Press and hold the power on button and Volume Up button for about 15 seconds > The device will prompt into the recovery menu> Scroll down to Wipe Cache partition by using the Volume Down button. It might take a few seconds, then confirm 'Reboot System now').

I hope you'll find this helpful!
Max!
View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Kip,
Welcome to the Community!

Regarding this issue: have you tried other types of SD cards as well? Sometimes issues with the memory card such as corruptions etc. could manifest in unusual ways. I would first suggest trying that and also wiping the cache partition of your tablet from the recovery menu:( Switch the device off> Press and hold the power on button and Volume Up button for about 15 seconds > The device will prompt into the recovery menu> Scroll down to Wipe Cache partition by using the Volume Down button. It might take a few seconds, then confirm 'Reboot System now').

I hope you'll find this helpful!
Max!
Hi
Thank you so much for the reply, I'll give all that a go, not sure about switching the SD card as it's brand new but I'll give it a try.
Userlevel 4
Badge
@Kip

I think your issue is with the fact that they are sky movies downloads, and if i'm correct then you can ONLY watch these through either the sky movies or sky go apps.

Cheers
smeeghead
Yeah I have read about the problem concerning Sky Movies, unfortunately they won't play through Sky apps either, I keep getting a message saying Sky doesn't support mirroring, although any Sky channels play fine, it's all a bit frustrating.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Kip ,

Regarding this inquiry, if the issue is specifically with the Sky movies, please try contacting them as well, as they might be able to shed some light on this.

Nevertheless, I can also look into this further; to do that, can you please PM me the Serial number and the build number of your device?

You can find this information on Settings > About phone.

Best wishes,
Max
Hi, I wonder if you resolved this issue with the SD card and playing movies.
I have all my movies in MP4, AVI, MKV or MPG format and they should all play from an SD card. They play on my Mate 10 Pro no problem but as I have just in the past 2 days added the Mediapad M5 (Both the 8" and the 10" to my collection I need to get a couple of 256Mb SD cards and since they are not cheap I want to get ones that work with no issues. In photography I have always used Lexar cards and never had an issue but this is new to me so please share your findings.

Regards
William