Answered

Syncing my smartphone with Fitbit

• Opening Fortune Cookie
  • 0 replies
Hi!

I absolutely love my Mate 10 Pro, but I have recently bought a Fitbit Versa watch and it doesn't properly sync and work with it. I've checked the Fitbit community and Huawei phones are indeed not on the list of supported devices. At Fitbit they seem reluctant to say when or if this will ever change. Do you know what the problem is and if a better sync between Huawei and Fitbit devices will ever be in the cards?

-Pascal
icon

Best answer by Julian 10 August 2018, 14:17

Hi Pascal!

We are glad that you are using our device.

Regarding your question, we recommend that you try to follow these steps to try to solve the connection problem: Click band icon and recycle bin icon, then click unpair on the paired phone's Fitbit App > Click Settings > About > Factory reset, to reset your Fitbit > Click Account > Set up a Device on the new phone's Fitbit App > Enter the verification code on the app> Pairing success. :D

If it does not work, do not hesitate to contact us!

I hope this proves to be of assistance and wish you a wonderful day! Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Julian
View original

20 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
Hi Pascal!

We are glad that you are using our device.

Regarding your question, we recommend that you try to follow these steps to try to solve the connection problem: Click band icon and recycle bin icon, then click unpair on the paired phone's Fitbit App > Click Settings > About > Factory reset, to reset your Fitbit > Click Account > Set up a Device on the new phone's Fitbit App > Enter the verification code on the app> Pairing success. :D

If it does not work, do not hesitate to contact us!

I hope this proves to be of assistance and wish you a wonderful day! Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Julian
I recently bought a p20 but I am having problems syncing my Fitbit charge 2 to the phone. Had anyone else had this problem or know how to pair them?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Spm01,

I moved your question to this existing topic. The topics tarter, Pascal, had a problem with syncing a Fitbit product to his Huawei device as well.

Could you please read Julian's answer and let us know if it was helpful? Thank you!
I have had my new p20 lite for 2 weeks now..at first there was no issue with syncing my Fitbit versa to the Fitbit app on my phone. However for the past few days theny phone is not able to sync .I have tried switch off and rebooting that many times I gave list count..uninstalled the app.. but still it keeps dropping the Bluetooth connection. After searching on net it appears there is a known fault between the p20 lite and Fitbit.. is this correct,?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Suet,

I moved your new topic to this existing thread.

Could you please read Julian's answer and let us know if this sorted your issue? :8
excuse my ignorance, what do you mean by 'band icon ' - on what device, fitbit versa or phone?
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
@suet

Please tell us, are you still having issues with the Fitbit connection on your phone?

Looking forward to your reply!

Max
Hi Everyone
I'm new to the community
Can you please help me Huawei P20 lite isn't syncing (via bluetooth) with my Fitbit Versa does anyone know how to fix this problem it does mention on the support pages of Fitbit there's is a problem syncing.

Thanks
Saints22
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Saints22,

Welcome on the Huawei Community!

I moved your questions to this existing thread. Could you please read the above and let us know if you still need help?
Hi! Just upgraded to the p20 pro and my Fitbit blaze will not connect to the phone. It doesn't send any notifications and won't sync.
Never had a problem before with the blaze & Google phone
Any ideas on how to make it work? Not even too fussed about getting notifications to the blaze as long as I can get it to sync!
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Craggsie81,

Welcome to the Huawei Community!

In regards to your inquiry, have you read Julian's provided solution in regards to this and let us know how it goes?
We believe the steps provided above by Julian should prove useful.

Looking forward to your reply!

Max
Userlevel 4
This is a known issue with Huawei / Honor phones and fitbit, they just do not play ball, they may connect temporarily bit they wont stay connected. The above fix solution does not work as half the time the phone doesn't find the fitbit.

There is an app which fixes the issue https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hu.czandor.fitbitsyncfix&hl=en_GB
Hi I have had my Huawei P20 lite for a week and like the phone. The Fitbit app sync'd ok with my Fitbit Ionic perfectly for the first 4 days then stopped syncing.
I have tried all the advice above, restarting the Ionic watch, reinstalling the Fitbit app, turning the Bluetooth on and off many times etc.
Now when I try to add the Ionic watch it finds it but fails to complete the setup.
I feel I will have to send the Huawei phone back if I cannot get it to connect again to the Fitbit.
Please can you help?
Hi all,

I had trouble before with syncing my fitbit charge 3 with my mate 20 pro, but today I managed to reset it and it looks like my fitbit is syncing with my phone and I am even getting noticitions on my fitbit now.

Only thing is, it is not detecting my sleep on the fitbit app even though I am sleeping with the fitbit on. Has anyone had any problems with this?

Another thing, is there a way to replace the Huawei 's step count which is shown on the lock screen with the fitbits step count? I have searched online but cannot find an answer for this or if this is even possible.

Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
[h4]Hi @Islapro [/h4]
For the time being, the Health app will always prioritize its step counter on the phone's lock screen. The only way to check Fitbit's step count would be through the Fitbit app. Alternatively, you could uninstall/disable the Health app, which will cause it to stop recording steps altogether.

However, I'll make sure to forward your feedback to our research&development department. Hopefully, they will add this feature in the next update.

Have a lovely day and please let us know if you have any other questions!
I can't get my P20 Pro to successfully pair with my Fitbit Versa. They "see" each other, ask for the code then Versa does not appear in list of devices 🤷😠
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @Jac210, Welcome on the Huawei Community.

I moved your question to this thread to avoid double threads. Please try the steps in Julian's answer (scroll to the top).

Will you keep us updated? 🙂
My daughter and I have just upgraded to p20 from Samsung and love the phone but both have a few problems. As many have already asked still can't get my fitbit to connect to our p20. Tried previous suggestion to no avail. Any help please.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @Geposh,

Congrats on your new devices! I moved your topic to this thread. Please try the suggestions above and let us know if it helped! 🙂
So above didn't work. So we back to phone provider and it seems its a problem with the p20 series as none of them worked. Changed phone to p30 and different android running service and it works. Come on Huawei update the running service all the same.