Answered

Volume too low on right freebud

• 6 February 2019
  • 25 replies

• Opening Fortune Cookie
  • 2 replies
I have recently updated my mate 20 pro software and had to reconnect my FreeBuds to the phone, all is working fine except that the volume on my right freebud is way too low when compared to the left one. Have tried resetting the FreeBuds to factory setting but problem remains the same. Is this a known problem and is there any fix for it?
icon

Best answer by Max 15 February 2019, 12:01

Hey @Ilies, welcome back!

I'm so sorry that you are still experiencing this. You might want to try factory resetting your headphones. You can do that by following these steps:
• Open the charging case, put both FreeBuds inside, and leave the charging case open.
• Press and hold the function button for 10s or more. After the indicator blinks in red, green, and blue, your FreeBuds are restored to their factory settings.

Hope you found this helpful.
Best wishes,
Max
:
View original

25 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hey Ilies,

Welcome on the community!

Did you take a look at this topic? There are some tips that might be useful.

Please keep us updated. 🙂
Tried the solution of cleaning the right freebud without success. The issue is if I listen to music the volume is barely enough for me to hear while if I make a phone call using the same freebud I can hear clearly
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hey @Ilies, welcome back!

I'm so sorry that you are still experiencing this. You might want to try factory resetting your headphones. You can do that by following these steps:
• Open the charging case, put both FreeBuds inside, and leave the charging case open.
• Press and hold the function button for 10s or more. After the indicator blinks in red, green, and blue, your FreeBuds are restored to their factory settings.

Best wishes,
Max
:
Dear Max,
I have reset the FreeBuds twice to factory settings and the problem is still there, right freebud volume is much lower than left one.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Ilies ,

In that case, can you PM me the Serial Number of your Freebuds so I can provide further assistance regarding this?

You will find this info on the box of the freebuds, it's a combination of multiple letters and numbers.

Looking forward to your reply!

Best wishes,
Max
Hi, For a while my freebud have played up. My right one has been quieter than my left, I have factory rest them a few times with no change.

Unfortunately yesterday they have both decided to be very quiet, I have to turn the volume all the way up to be able to hear anything but it is so faint I can't use them. I have tried factory resetting them again with no change.

What can/should I do next?

Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @Mat D,

I moved your question to this thread. Please read the comments above and if a factory reset (as you already tried) doesn't fix your issue, please send your send your details to @Max in a private message. 🙂
Did anyone found out how to make them work again after P20 pro updated? I've tried to: factory reset FreeBuds, clear bluetooth cache, reboot the phone, updated FreeBuds to last version, checked with different devices (phones and laptop) - still got very low sound volume on right and left.
Hi, like other users, I now have very low volume on the right FreeBud (using with P20 Pro). I have done a factory reset and updated the software to v2.6. Still the same problem 😞
@Max

Hi @Ilies ,

In that case, can you PM me the Serial Number of your Freebuds so I can provide further assistance regarding this?

You will find this info on the box of the freebuds, it's a combination of multiple letters and numbers.

Looking forward to your reply!

Best wishes,

Max

Hello Max. I got the same problem with the right earbud. I already tried reseting it but the problem is still there. Can you also help me with my freebuds?
Hi there,

I too have had the same issue with my right freebud . I have tried factory resetting several times and still no luck. Can you suggest anything else to try?

Many thanks
Stephen
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi all,

Please try the following if you have issues with your Freebuds:

Best wishes,
Max

If this doesn't help, please contact our support team directly: https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/
, like other users, I now have very low volume , what can i do?? Pleas help me.
Im a good customer.
SN : 2155030185RL87037402
Hello everyone,

I have the same problem. My right freebud is very silenced.

I tried to do factory reset several times.
I clear my phone bluetooth cashe.
I tried to connect to new device (same problem).

Any suggestions how I can fix this problem?
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
@Martynas , if the suggestion of Max is not working, please contact our support team directly: https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/
@Martynas , if the suggestion of Max is not working, please contact our support team directly: https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/

Danjl, why there is no selectable devices "Huawei free buds" on support page? I am quite disappointed of huawei, because alot of people face to same problems and there is no clearly found why it happens and explanation how to fix it.
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
@Martynas , great question, I honestly don't know - i'll flagged to the team. However, here is a better link which provides clearer info about the contact points email or hotline support: https://consumer.huawei.com/en/contact-us/
I'm having the same low vume issue in both sides.

I have a p20 mate pro, and both freedbuds assistant /Lite apps couldn't connect to freebuds to update. I had to use my wife's Samsung s10 to update freebuds

That's just not good enough, huawei should be testing capability.. Especially when buds are received as part of phone sign up.

I've reset the buds numerous times and tried on both Samsung and Huawei.. And both low volume (with Mac set)

Can someone at Huawei actually grab a pair of freedbuds and test with new phones. (p20 mate pro)
When you connect to you wife samsung s10 and update yours freebuds? Does it helps to you? Now working fine after update?
When you connect to you wife samsung s10 and update yours freebuds? Does it helps to you? Now working fine after update?
No, volume is low when I connect to both the Samsung and also huawei mate 20 pro.

When you connect to you wife samsung s10 and update yours freebuds? Does it helps to you? Now working fine after update?No, volume is low when I connect to both the Samsung and also huawei mate 20 pro.

So update didn't help?
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
@LG81 , hi, elsewhere in the community the following has sometimes helped: Depending on the device you are using with the Freebuds some users have noticed that a cache clear and data wipe of the android bluetooth app would resolve the issue they where experiencing. After any such actions a unpair and repair of them with your handset is advised and of course make sure that you are using the latest software . Hope this helps.
guys i have exactly the same problem Both have very low volume you barely hear anything even they was good couple of days ago, what do I do?
note:resetting doesn’t help at all.
guys i have exactly the same problem Both have very low volume you barely hear anything even they was good couple of days ago, what do I do?
note:resetting doesn’t help at all.

I already lost a hope. I did everything several times and nothing helps. My guarantee was expired, so they told me, that fixing could cost 50 pounds. I just bought another bluetooth headphones.

Huawei even couldn't fix their problems for free. That's so sad.
@LG81 , hi, elsewhere in the community the following has sometimes helped: Depending on the device you are using with the Freebuds some users have noticed that a cache clear and data wipe of the android bluetooth app would resolve the issue they where experiencing. After any such actions a unpair and repair of them with your handset is advised and of course make sure that you are using the latest software . Hope this helps.

Hey Danjl, the Huawei Mate20 Pro doesn't have a standalone Bluetooth app, so you can't clear cache and data wipe.

However when setting up a performed the normal remove from Bluetooth (unpair) and pair again. On both the Huawei and Samsung. Still the low volume on both.