Answered

Absence of the fingerprint in the settings

• 12 October 2018
  • 64 replies

Show first post

64 replies

Whenever I get an update it seems to fix it for a minute then it stops working again
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Hi everyone!

Sorry for this unpleasant issue, I realize that it must be hard to deal with such inconveniences.

Please send me a private message with the serial number of your device, and include the #fingerprint hashtag, so I can search more easily in my inbox in order to help you all faster.

Looking forward to the messages!

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have further issues!

Have a lovely day!

All the best,
BarneyT
I'm hoping someone comes up with a fix soon as this phone was too expensive to have to punch in a 6 digit code to unlock and facial recognition doesn't work with sunglasses on either
Are Huawei any closer to resolving this issue?
They don't appear to care
Very disappointed indeed
Disappointed is the word. I waited until the recent system update release, thinking that it might solve the issue, but in fact it made it worse. Now fingerprint settings don't even appear in the settings search.

Now I have decided to take the loss and end my experience with Huwaei products.
Shame
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi all sorry you're disappointed with this issue. Can I ask you contact Barney as requested, if you haven't already. This will help the team in resolving the issue.

Hi everyone!

Sorry for this unpleasant issue, I realize that it must be hard to deal with such inconveniences.

Please send me a private message with the serial number of your device, and include the #fingerprint hashtag, so I can search more easily in my inbox in order to help you all faster.

Looking forward to the messages!

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have further issues!

Have a lovely day!

All the best,
BarneyT
I have Contacted Barney and have had my fingers crossed ever since ( glad I didn't choose to hold my breath instead)
Sent a message to Barney,
Sure that my next phone won't be Huawei
My fingerprint settings are back but it just fails when I try to enroll a fingerprint and it fails to read existing ones.
I'm not buying another Huawei after this, as they won't honour the warranty because I can't obtain a IMEA and vat receipt. Samsung will sort a handset out no problem as long as its age can be proven so I don't understand huawei's problem. I was a fan up until this point.
My fingerprint settings are back but it just fails when I try to enroll a fingerprint and it fails to read existing ones.
I'm not buying another Huawei after this, as they won't honour the warranty because I can't obtain a IMEA and vat receipt. Samsung will sort a handset out no problem as long as its age can be proven so I don't understand huawei's problem. I was a fan up until this point.

what you did to get the fingerprint settings back?
The last update brought the settings back but it still doesn't work