Advertisements come up after update

• 12 September 2018
  • 26 replies

I updated my phone this morning and now random adverts come up even when the phones on standby or just on the home screen i need to know how to stop this from happening so my teachers don't confiscate my phone at school

26 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Can you provide us a screenshot of these adverts?

I don't see it being related to the update, usually these adverts appear once you've installed something on your phone - like a speed boost app or something which claims to protect you against virus attacks. Have you installed anything new in the last few days?
Can you provide us a screenshot of these adverts?

I don't see it being related to the update, usually these adverts appear once you've installed something on your phone - like a speed boost app or something which claims to protect you against virus attacks. Have you installed anything new in the last few days?

No i haven't installed anything new and it only started doing this today after i installed the update before i installed it no random ads popped up and i will have to wait until another one pops up to do a screenshot
Userlevel 4
Badge
Do they show in your notifications? If so, hold down on the notification and it will show you which app has created it. It's most likely a rogue app, so just uninstall it.
No it doesn't show in the notifications all that comes up is the ad and if the phones locked then it just plays the ads music despite being on silent and i know this is because of the update because no spontaneous ads would pop up before i installed it
Adverts like these just pop up and make noise even when the phones locked and on silent

Userlevel 6
Badge
looks like some kind of malware from an installed app

i would go through the apps you have downloaded and delete any you dont recognise
The only app i didn't recognise was asphalt nitro which was installed after the update finished it wasn't installed by me it was just there i have since uninstalled this and performed a virus test which came back secure
However the ads are still appearing
Userlevel 6
Badge
do you have any games or apps that you have not paid for on the device? the adverts will be coming through one of those its how the apps make their money, unless you pay for the app you will get this depending on what you have downloaded to the device.

if in doubt back everything up and then factory reset the device
Userlevel 4
Badge
When it pops up. Try pressing the recent apps button, it might show the name of the app.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Hi Gamerboy!

In response to your query, we wold like to inform you that the ads that appear are from some third party application. We recommend that you look at the applications that you have installed and that you uninstall them so that the ads do not appear again.

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.:D

Julian
Userlevel 4
Badge
@Gamerboy Did you ever find out what was causing your ad problem?
Only recently have I noticed that adds keep popping up taking over my full screen. I can unlock my phone to one being there or I can be scrolling on my phone and they just appear. What can I do to resolve this? I've downloaded antivirus software but nothing works.
Userlevel 3

install blokada works very well on android

https://blokada.org/index.html

dns + adblock in one
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @VictoriaEll,

Welcome on the community! 🙂

I moved your topic and @rxy's reply to this topic. Could you please read the above? I think that @Gamerboy has the same issue... And it would be helpful if you post a screenshot so we can see what kind of adds appear.
Userlevel 4
Badge
When they appear, hit the recent apps button (the square at the bottom (you might need to drag up from the bottom of the screen)). It should show you why app is running.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi Gamerboy!

We are glad to hear you are using our product!

It is possible that you have downloaded an adware accidentally, which opens ads randomly on your phone. Usually you can get rid of them by doing a factory reset.

In case your device freezes during the loading screen and you cannot access the Settings menu in order to restore your device back to factory settings, you will have to force the phone into recovery mode and perform the reset within that menu. Please note that this will erase everything on the phone.

In order to do this you will need to make sure the device is switched off.

After you have made sure that the device is switched off, you will need to press and hold the Power button and the volume up button for about 15 seconds. After your device gets to the recovery menu, you will be able to browse between those options by using the Volume up and Volume down button.

Within that menu, you will need to select the following option "Wipe data / Factory Reset". The device will ask you to reconfirm that action and after you reconfirm it, it will take a couple of seconds for the internal storage to be erased.

The next step involves Rebooting the device. After the internal storage has been erased, you will be prompted with another menu and within that menu, you will need to select Reboot system.

It might take up to 10 minutes for the factory settings to overwrite the existing settings, so do not worry if you will have a longer loading screen.

Make sure you backup your data!

If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us.
Max
Userlevel 3
if only we could access root on device install a good adblocker
make our phones secure that was once a dream from many
users

@Max so this i what you gotta do if the phone messes up
thats like say format your pc before trying to fix problem
telling folks to just wipe all phone bad advice come on

what is hauwei hiding from us that we cant run our phones aslike

5 people i know now been using hauwei for years they sold them to get
a phone they have full control over
Userlevel 4
Badge
@rxy There are ways to root your device. It is sensible for root to be hidden for standard users. If a person is not savvy enough to find out what app is forcing ads onto their device, a factory reset is a sensible option.

Did anyone have any luck with my solution?
I have recently had pop ups for games constantly appearing. I have disabled pop ups, deleted games, done a malware scan (no problems) switched off and on again and done everything that comes up in a search but they are still appearing. The games being advertised haven't been downloaded. If I switch off and on again it gets better for approx an hour and then starts again. Please help, it's exteremely annoying.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @Lulu,

I moved your question here. Seems like you are having the same issues as @Gamerboy. Please read this thread and let us know if you still need assistance.
Hi
I had the exact same problem with my daughters phone. We ended up downloading an app called avg antivirus which seems to have stopped the problem.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
These ads do not come from the device. Huawei does not show ads on their devices, contrarely to, for example, Amazon devices or Xioami.

There are two options:

-It's an application that shows these ads to make more money
-You accepted a pop-up while browsing on Chrome or some other browser

The easiest is going to Chrome's permissions on the phone and disable all pop-up notifications, if you have accepted any. This is the most common cause, as you might have accepted these notifications by mistake while visiting a shaddy website (or even a legit website that decided to make more money by allowing this kind of content).

If this doesn't solve the issue, try to track down which application(s) show these ads. It's usually a not-very legit one, so big applications such as Facebook, WhatsApp, Instragram, etc, can be ignored. Usually it's small apps or shaddy games.

If none of this solves the issue, backup your most important data and do a factory reset.
Hi People, I have become the proud owner of a P30. After been a lifelong Apple user. The first week was fine, but I have noticed over the last couple of weeks I am getting ads on the main screen. Not even when I am on the web. This is really annoying at times, especially as my partner has a Samsung & has no issues.
Is this a common problem or can it be resolved. I have checked for virus & Malware.
Many thanks
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Mrs Bump , I've moved your post here as this topic covers unwanted advertisements on devices. As DRSC media states:

These ads do not come from the device. Huawei does not show ads on their devices, contrarely to, for example, Amazon devices or Xioami.

There are two options:

-It's an application that shows these ads to make more money
-You accepted a pop-up while browsing on Chrome or some other browser

The easiest is going to Chrome's permissions on the phone and disable all pop-up notifications, if you have accepted any. This is the most common cause, as you might have accepted these notifications by mistake while visiting a shaddy website (or even a legit website that decided to make more money by allowing this kind of content).

If this doesn't solve the issue, try to track down which application(s) show these ads. It's usually a not-very legit one, so big applications such as Facebook, WhatsApp, Instragram, etc, can be ignored. Usually it's small apps or shaddy games.

If none of this solves the issue, backup your most important data and do a factory reset.