Question

Bluetooth audio codec

Good morning

Anytime I play video's from YouTube or movies from my phone via Bluetooth headphones the audio is out of sync. I have enabled Developer options and tried changing the bluetooth audio codec from AAC but wont let me, does anyone know how I can do this?

Thanks

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge
Is this issue present when using those headphones on other devices?
No it isnt Lifelust, ive recently changed from a Samsung Galaxy S7 and had no issues and I believe the Samsung uses a different codec to AAC which P20 Pro uses.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Hi garygunning!

Thanks for sharing your experience with us!

Regarding your issue with the bluetooth sound delay I'd kindly recommend resetting the network settings. You can do that by following the steps below:
Open Settings>System>Reset>Network settings reset, tap on the Network Settings Reset button, enter your lock screen password if you have one, tap on Network Settings Reset Again.

I trust this information is of assistance. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Julian
I also have this issue on the Huawei Mediapad M5 lite 10. My wireless headphones don't sync properly but work fine on other device 😡. Tried the Network reset but still the same. Might just take the pad bk and get Samsung or ipad if there is no fix. Very disappointing.
Userlevel 2
@Ckaceshot, I would recommend checking the Bluetooth codecs supported by your Bluetooth headphones to see whether APT-X is supported and also if the headphones have an option to give priority to quality over stability. If your headphones support APT-X, but still the codec used is SBC, check the user guide of the headphone and find out whether there is a way to switch between the codecs or give priority to sound quality or stability. For example: SONY headphones can switch between two modes: “Give priority to Stability” and “Give priority to Quality”. For doing this, when turning on the device we should press volume up + power button until we hear a beep or a voice confirmation. Test both options to see whether any of them solves the issue and, if the issue persists, please let us know the IMEI and build number of your phone and the model of the headphones to report the issue to our development so we can look into it. We look forward to your reply.
My Jabra Elite Active 65t Bluetooth wireless earbuds work flawlessly with my Huawei Mate 8 (Android 7.0) and my Xiaomi Mi Max 3 (Android 9.0), however I have an issue using them with my new Huawei Mate 20 x. They pair and connect immediately, but while they will play phone calls, they won't play media audio. This includes music I have downloaded to the phone and music I try to play via WiFi using Spotify or YouTube, etc. The player says the song is playing, but no sound comes from the earbuds UNLESS I go into Developer Settings and change the 'default' Bluetooth codec from AAC to SBC, then music is immediately heard. However, when I exit Developer Settings and again try to play music the same thing happens, because Huawei doesn't allow users to save changes to the default Bluetooth codec. It is a shame to have to purchase another set of wireless earbuds as these cost me a couple hundred quid.

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings