Question

Distorted sound on P20

• 2 December 2018
  • 10 replies

I have had a Huawei P20 for 4 weeks now and noticed everytime i record a video of the band in my local club the sound is terrible. All distorted and basically just noise. I have a protective case on the phone but the problem is there with or without the cover. Has anyone on here had a similar issue and if so was it fixable or is the phone faulty? Thanks in advance.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi Wil,

Sorry to hear of the issue you are experiencing. May i ask when you use the microphone for some other types of recordings dose it have the same issue? ( like for example on the sound recorder or another app)

Looking forward to your reply,
Max
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
I have had a Huawei P20 for 4 weeks now and noticed everytime i record a video of the band in my local club the sound is terrible. All distorted and basically just noise. I have a protective case on the phone but the problem is there with or without the cover. Has anyone on here had a similar issue and if so was it fixable or is the phone faulty? Thanks in advance.

Hey @Wil Cooper

I have a band in my local club who also sound terrible (all distorted and basically just noise). Wonder if it's the same band 🙂

(Sorry, couldn't resist. Hope you get the problem fixed)
Not tried that. Will give it a go tomorrow night and let you know.
I own a Huawai P20 Pro for 1 month now... ..prior to this I had a p10 plus..
Both are great phones but I am very disappointed with the sound quality on the P20. When videoing loud bands E. T. C. it is very distorted and shows sever clipping on the waveform... My old P10 had great sound even within 1Mtr.of a speaker.
Is this just my phone, or is this the same with all P20 Pro phones...
Tried everything but nothing has fixed it. Terrible sound on facebook live videos and just ordinary videos of any band playing the club. Wish I had known about this problem beforehand, would never have chosen this phone. Luckily I still have my Samsung S7 edge which i have been using for the last few weeks.
Any solutions yet?

I own a p20 pro with the same issue. I recently switched from years of using galaxy phones and i must say that galaxy s6, s8, s10 never had any problem like that. Usually the galaxy audio quality in recording video of loud live music is excellent.

Not sure if this is a software or hardware problem from huawei. Its very frustrating!
Still have not fixed it... if i record a normal video then the sound is fine but if i use Facebook live the sound is terrible. Never had this problem with my Samsung.... Back to Samsung as soon as my contract runs out i think...
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi all,

I'm really sorry for the lack of replies in this thread. And unfortunately I'm not here with the solution...

I advice you to reach out to our official support channels if you still need assistance: https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/.
I am having the exact same issue with mine. Also happens on calls, people tell me it sounds like I am in a wind tunnel when making or receiving calls. This happens indoors and outdoors.
Also having this problem like Mrcurrylover exactly the same thing its worse on WhatsApp calls.