Handset wish list

Badge +1
It seems like a lot of our members have views on what should be included in Huawei Mobile Phones. So lets use this space to discuss what features you would like to see in future mobile phones from Huawei.

Connection to Android Auto seems to be a popular choice right, as well as bringing back the notification features on the lock screen. But what do you guys think and what would you want?

47 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
So long as we keep leading the way with first class cameras and battery life I'm happy, but if I were to wish for anything it would be wireless charging. It's not really a must-have feature but it's very convenient and with wireless charging pads becoming more commonplace (such as built into furniture) it's something eventually most phones will have.
Userlevel 6
Badge
I agree with @Tony
But I'm always hoping 4k is going to be standard on screens and recording going forward.
🙂
Userlevel 4
Earlier and more updates when new Android versions are released. Just like Apple does it with iOS. Provide the updates on the day Google releases them, or with a maximum delay of 2 weeks and provide them for ALL your devices at least for 2 Years (what could mean 3 Android versions)
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Earlier and more updates when new Android versions are released. Just like Apple does it with iOS. Provide the updates on the day Google releases them, or with a maximum delay of 2 weeks and provide them for ALL your devices at least for 2 Years (what could mean 3 Android versions)
Due to network testing it isn't always possible to release updates in a timely manner.
Userlevel 4
I disagree here, because for those reasons Google releases developer-versions to test things like this before. And there are never major changes in the final version.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
I disagree here, because for those reasons Google releases developer-versions to test things like this before. And there are never major changes in the final version.
Which is why I said 'isnt always possible', Google are different because they release an OEM version of the firmware and then the various manufacturers need to test it, apply their own skins to it (EMUI, Samsung Experience etc.), then more testing, then the individual networks must test each firmware to make sure it doesn't interfere with their own software that they preload onto phones (such as MyO2).

It can be quite a lengthy process.
Userlevel 4

I disagree here, because for those reasons Google releases developer-versions to test things like this before. And there are never major changes in the final version.Which is why I said 'isnt always possible', Google are different because they release an OEM version of the firmware and then the various manufacturers need to test it, apply their own skins to it (EMUI, Samsung Experience etc.), then more testing, then the individual networks must test each firmware to make sure it doesn't interfere with their own software that they preload onto phones (such as MyO2).

It can be quite a lengthy process.

Again: they get pre release versions way earlier to test and implement their own stuff based on the new version. Even on those betas this could be done.
Sorry, but they just don't do this because they focus on selling new devices instead.
Badge +1
Valid points from both sides there however it seems it’s getting a little heated with your own opinions.

lets can back on topic of features you’d like to see in future handsets

thanks
It will be nice if the phone can turn airplane mode on by disabling mobile but leave wifi and Bluetooth on in scheduled hours. Just like do not disturb mode and eye comfort have schedule. For example at 21:00 turn on do not disturb, eye comfort, airplane mode and leave WiFi and Bluetooth on until 7:00. It will save battery through the night.
Also it will be nice feature if phone disable mobile when it reach and connect to wifi. Just like Huawei watch 2 disable mobile and sim when it reach Bluetooth. Of course this feature must be optional and programmable.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hey Mattedmondson,

I moved your topic to this wishlist topic. 🙂
Userlevel 5
Badge
So long as we keep leading the way with first class cameras and battery life I'm happy, but if I were to wish for anything it would be wireless charging. It's not really a must-have feature but it's very convenient and with wireless charging pads becoming more commonplace (such as built into furniture) it's something eventually most phones will have.
Have you @Tony seen what is offered by the Honor10? The price of the phone makes it a real winner and offers virtually the same as to P20. The interesting move will be the triple camera
Userlevel 5
Badge
You have to bare in mind that EMU is Huawei Software laid over Android, so the updates take to be tested, then written over and tested further before release.

Also, bare in mind that Android just do something and dump it on the market where as with companies like Huawei, running different processing chips across their three ranges, it's not just a case of an update as it may not work across all chips and countries either
Userlevel 5
Badge
How about just an update to the P20 pro's front camera for now?

The option to turn the front flash on rather than auto or off, As is only comes active in very dark situations. Or even a flash like my old Lg G4 had which just lights the edges of the screen so you can actually see whats being taken rather than just a bright light. ( Sample attached )

HDR mode on the selife camera too would be good too.
The ability to change the exposure via slider would be good too, as most of the time the back ground is blown out.
The ablilty to totally remove beauty mode, to say the device has a 24mp front camera the details compared to my 8mp Samsung s7 is shocking.
Userlevel 5
Badge
Keep IR blaster
Would like the ability to lock the screen but keep it on while watching youtube (my 2 year daughter always wants to watch dancing songs but she touches the screen and the video stops or skips)
OLED 4k screen
Longer slow motion capture time
3 YEAT Huawei VIP across all flagships
IP68
Higher sound quality and volume
Stop warning me when I turn my phone up - remind me once then the option no to be prompted again would be nice.
1.)Better camera performance in budget range around £200 and above, it over exposes like crazy in low light even though quite good in good lighting.
2.) Better touch/swipe based UI similar to iOS or MiUI.
3.) USB Type-C instead of microusb.
4.) Faster charging tech for budget phones.
5.) Fluidity of EMUI could/should😬 be improved.
6.) Better GPU performance (fingers crossed hoping GPU Turbo fix especially the budget Huawei SoC's)

My wishlist can be described as knitpicking and unreasonable especially considering the Huawei/honorary budget range already provides one of the best bang for your buck devices, but when u factor in the pace of tech development, execptional growth of Huawei and economics of scale none is offlimits, I hope!
Userlevel 4
Make moment-photos exportable to share them with any other device / os / person.
Userlevel 5
Badge
1.)Better camera performance in budget range around £200 and above, it over exposes like crazy in low light even though quite good in good lighting.
2.) Better touch/swipe based UI similar to iOS or MiUI.
3.) USB Type-C instead of microusb.
4.) Faster charging tech for budget phones.
5.) Fluidity of EMUI could/should😬 be improved.
6.) Better GPU performance (fingers crossed hoping GPU Turbo fix especially the budget Huawei SoC's)

My wishlist can be described as knitpicking and unreasonable especially considering the Huawei/honorary budget range already provides one of the best bang for your buck devices, but when u factor in the pace of tech development, execptional growth of Huawei and economics of scale none is offlimits, I hope!

Have you seen the latest Honor10 range @Tednet? As when I was at the launch back in June, the price seemed so low for what it offers! I think its an amazing value for money phone and the one thing I loved was the finger sensor to open the phone even if your finger was sweaty/wet - that's a feature I think all phones should have when using fingerprint to unlock the phone/App's
Userlevel 5
Badge
If someone could find out a way to juice up our phones faster via wireless charging then get rid of the USB-C & 3.5mm headphone jack, followed by an E-Sim would give our phones a completely sealed unit
Userlevel 5
Badge
If someone could find out a way to juice up our phones faster via wireless charging then get rid of the USB-C & 3.5mm headphone jack, followed by an E-Sim would give our phones a completely sealed unit

I think until offices or cafes offer wireless charging through the lighting networks @Gordo26 - there doesn't seem any point in wireless charging IMHO
Userlevel 5
Hi there
Huawei mate 10 Pro and P9 user.

I'd also like improved face recognition so you don't always have to be in a certain lighted room for it to work properly, the case I was using was obstructing the cam a little, since removing it FR has improved but still a little slow IMO, and also I'd like duel sim so I don't have to carry around two phones, but iv heard that you can't use both sims at the same time is this correct?
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hi there
Huawei mate 10 Pro and P9 user.

I'd also like improved face recognition so you don't always have to be in a certain lighted room for it to work properly, the case I was using was obstructing the cam a little, since removing it FR has improved but still a little slow IMO, and also I'd like duel sim so I don't have to carry around two phones, but iv heard that you can't use both sims at the same time is this correct?

I think @RizqElder in my opinion and speaking to many, Huawei's Facial Recognition is way ahead of others plus, I'm surpised you say it's slow, as I find it on my P10MatePro very fast and spooky how I can take the phone out of my pocket or pick it up, it opens when I hadn't intended to want it open. I maybe wrong, but I'm sure Huawei discussed/announced this already on one of its ranges recently.
Userlevel 4
There is an option missing to open the camera on the last used mode / lens.
For example: I only want to use the BW sensor but I have to switch to it every time I open the app again.
Userlevel 3
1) Regular updates (at least monthly)
2) if emui is a problem holding this back maybe going vanilla android anyway, it's what most people would want if asked.
3) oh and regular updates.
Userlevel 3
Also option to remove the bloatware
Userlevel 4
1) Regular updates (at least monthly)
2) if emui is a problem holding this back maybe going vanilla android anyway, it's what most people would want if asked.
3) oh and regular updates.

Yes please.
Huawei would own all other manufactures if they would start providing updates like Apple does.