Answered

How to turn off notification tone for updates

• 12 October 2018
  • 6 replies

My phone keeps waking me up at night with the notification tone for updates. I can't silence it because I need the alarm. How can I get a night's sleep?
icon

Best answer by chillphone 12 October 2018, 13:41

Hello,

You can scroll from the top of your device downwards to pull the quick settings options and one of them will be Do not disturb mode., its also accessible via settings menu.

You can set this to do not disturb for everything but your alarm or you can include your favourite contacts only etc.. upto you .

I have mine set to DND apart from alarm .
View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Hello,

You can scroll from the top of your device downwards to pull the quick settings options and one of them will be Do not disturb mode., its also accessible via settings menu.

You can set this to do not disturb for everything but your alarm or you can include your favourite contacts only etc.. upto you .

I have mine set to DND apart from alarm .
Great, thanks, that's very helpful. Is there a way to turn off just the notification sound for updates?
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Settings..

Sounds..

Notifications....

Set tone to None
Userlevel 2
I just put in airplane mode. That saves battery as well.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Yeah DND mode is the best way, you can also schedule it to automatically start and end at specific times so that you don't have to remember to set it every night before bed. I've got mine set from 11pm to 7am every night.