Question

Insert SD card notification

• 17 January 2019
  • 4 replies

Hi there, My mums phone keeps bringing up Insert SD Card notification. She has never had an SD Card, she used Internal Memory and her sim card. It driving her insane, because she cannot swipe the message away either. It just sits there. Can anyone please assist me in getting rid of this? Tnx in advance

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Biscuit,

Welcome and than you for sharing your question with the community.

Could you please let us know what device your mum is using? 🙂
Userlevel 2
Badge
Hey, biscuit, is your mother's SIM working properly? Did your mother put the SIM card into the SD card slot by mistake?What's the model of your mobile phone?
Hi @Amy and @bobo , thanks for replying. It's a Huawei LUA-L01. The SIM is working yes. She has had the phone almost 2 years now. Only started getting these messages about two months ago. Sim is in the SIM slot.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @biscuit,

Happy to hear that you are using one of our devices!

In regards to your inquiry, we would recommend the following steps below:
1.Could you please remove the SIM Card and introduce it again inside the device? Also make sure it is added on the SIM Card slot and not the SD Card.
2.Try a wipe cache partition from the recovery menu of the device, it might just be a glitch and the wipe cache will fix it immediately.

Additionally, if required, kindly perform a factory reset of the device and see how it behaves.

I trust this information is of assistance. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us! 😀
Max