Sticky Answered

Left Freebuds issues

• 28 September 2018
  • 117 replies

• Opening Fortune Cookie
  • 1 reply
Hi I recently got the P20 pro (loving it btw) and got the free set out freebuds. They worked fine and great sound but now the left one has gone almost silent. Tried factory reset, update via the app and re-pairing but no success. Has anyone else had similar? Thnx
icon

Best answer by Max 26 November 2018, 15:32

Hi all,
Since this topic is growing and its becoming harder to search through it I have made a full guide of troubleshooting steps to hopefully facilitate you more.
The first step to try when one of the buds are seemingly lower toned or not working would be a Factory Reset to the Freebuds - How to Restore Factory Settings on FreeBuds :
• Open the charging case, put both FreeBuds inside, and leave the charging case open.
• Press and hold the function button for 10s (seconds) or more. After the indicator blinks in red, green, and blue, your FreeBuds are restored to their factory settings.

Depending on the device you are using with the Freebuds some users have noticed that a cache clear and data wipe of the android bluetooth app would resolve the issue they where experiencing.
After any such actions a unpair and repair of them with your handset is advised and of course make sure that you are using the latest software .

In situation that the issues still persist even after the troubleshooting steps and you have tested them with another device, the freebuds would have to be sent to our service department for a more hands-on approach.
To facilitate such a need the Huawei company has several different options depending on the region you are residing within https://consumer.huawei.com/en/worldwide/ .

For the UK region that we cater to on this medium you may contact our techsupport channels via mail, chat or hotline (free of charge of course 08000886700 Monday to Friday 9 am to 9pm Saturdays 9am to 5pm) at https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/
To ensure a speedy process please bare in mind that the operator would need your private details such as Name; Model type; S/N; any documents related to the device, etc - please do mention that you have done the troubleshooting steps as mentioned on the forum and they will proceed to facilitate the service process.

And as always if you need any further assistance please feel free to contact us via forum or via mail, chat or hotline at https://consumer.huawei.com/

Best wishes,
Max
View original

117 replies

If none of the fixes you've tried work, try contacting Hi-Care through the app installed on your phone. They may be able to assist!
Good luck @Mull
I am at a loss! I have a mate 10 pro, and wanted a pair of freebuds. I managed to buy a sealed, new, unused pair from eBay, someone was selling as they didn't want them as part of the p20 promotion. Day one, connect the buds, update them, they work a dream, great sound and look. Day 2, I go to leave the house and the left bud won't connect??? Right one is fine, left is as if dead. I do a factory reset, and now the buds won't show. Up on my Bluetooth at all, or my wife's who uses an iPhone. After hours of trying things, I managed to reset just the right bud, and get that working again but the left just won't connect! My other issue is, as I bought from eBay, Huawei won't cover me under warranty as the warranty is linked to the seller. So I asked the customer care rep at huawei on the phone, can I pay for a fix...no, they offer no repairs and if these break after the 3 month warranty then you would be expected to buy new ones...surely I can get these repaired! Even if it's at a cost to myself, I just want my freebuds!!!
My left earbud won't connect at all, and I called customer care who said they would need to come in for repair/replacement...something I can't do as I'm not the original owner and they have no facility to pay for a repair!
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Make sure they are charging correctly in the cradle and also try removing the Bluetooth connection from the phone amd try again.

Unfortunately buying from ebay doesnt necessarily mean they are genuine or even brand new without fault, hopefully you will resolve.
Huawei have confirmed they are genuine. They are fully charged and I've tried reconnecting, resetting, one bud, the other bud. The left one just won't connect at all. The eBay seller said they will send them off to Huawei for a replacement but just gutted as I go on holiday this week and wanted them for the plane
I do find it strange that Huawei have no repair service for items out of warranty too. I land to use my mate 10 pro for a few years and I am now worried that if I need a repair I will be out of luck if I'm out of warranty even if I'm willing to pay for a fix
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
@Mull

Sorry to hear about the issue with the Freebuds. If you can please send me a private message with a few details, we can arrange a booking for you so they can be inspected by our engineers at our authorized service center and, if they are indeed faulty, a replacement will be issued for you. I will give you more details in that message. To send a private message, simply click on my name in the discussion post. In the new window that appears, click on "Send message".

@vince9mj

The Freebuds are earphones meant to be given exclusively through the P20 Pro promotion, so they are not meant to be sold, at least not through official/authorized retailers. As for the warranty, we can only service accessories that come in the box, with a promotion or accessories purchased from HiHonor. The rest can be settled with the retailer. We have a series of authorized Huawei retailers in the UK, such as Amazon, Carphone Warehouse or Argos. As eBay is not an authorized Huawei seller, we do not service devices or accessories purchased from that platform. So, my advice in this case is to contact eBay and check if they can provide you with a replacement.

Hope this proves useful!

Max
Hi I recently got the P20 pro (loving it btw) and got the free set out freebuds. They worked fine and great sound but now the left one has gone almost silent. Tried factory reset, update via the app and re-pairing but no success. Has anyone else had similar? Thnx

Hi @Mull ll did you find a fix?
as my freebuds are doing the same

Hi I recently got the P20 pro (loving it btw) and got the free set out freebuds. They worked fine and great sound but now the left one has gone almost silent. Tried factory reset, update via the app and re-pairing but no success. Has anyone else had similar? ThnxHi @Mull ll did you find a fix?
as my freebuds are doing the same

not yet - PM’d Max (above) to get them checked by an engineer. Gutted cos the sound quality is great in one ear!
I'm having pretty much same issues, after one weeks use, left earphone just dropped in volume, it runs pretty much at lowest volume possible while right one works just fine. When it happened I was in a shop and took one of them out when I was talking with assistant and when I put it back it lost almost all volume.
So far tried, pairing, unpairing, factory resets for each and both earphones, updated them through freebuds app. Nothing worked.
Just wondering if they are covered with warranty since they were received as a gift? If yes can they be sent to repair center by post? As locations of repair centers are pretty far away from where I live.
Hello,

My new free-bud headphones no longer seem to connect to the Bluetooth on my P20 pro, I had been using them fine, until they needed charging then for some reason the right headphone stop producing any sound, using the free-bud app, I followed the instructions for a factory reset, however since then the free buds will not connect to Bluetooth, instead they seem to show up as 3 separate items in the Bluetooth list, none of which will connect to the phone!

if anyone has any solutions that would be fantastic!
Fix found!

My case:
Device: P20 Pro
Units: Freebuds

Worked 2 weeks. Recently faced connection problem. No connection (units are visible) on P20s bluetooth interface.

Did updated using the app, did factory reset, recharged. Not hepled for P20

Re tried on my macbook. They are paired. Connected.

Solution:
Went to P20s android bluetooth app settings. Cleared the bt cache, deleted the bt data.

Re-paired.
Repaired.

Connected.
My freebuds were constantly disconnecting and reconnecting when listening to music through my phone.

I have subsequently reset my freebuds following the reset instructions and observed the lights changing between red, blue and green.

Now when I try to pair the freebuds back with my phone using the sync button on the reverse of the box it doesn't find them. Instead it gives me the option to pair with EW001_BOX and two other devices which start with the code 3C:CD ... .

Does this mean my headphones are corrupted / broken or can anyone advise how to reconnect them?

I have also tried to update them using the freebuds assistant but that just says it is unable to find the device.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hey Axelnash,

Welcome on the community!

I moved your question to this topic about freebud issues. @bluetooth fix posted a solution. Please try it and let us know if it helped! 🙂
Hey Axelnash,

Welcome on the community!

I moved your question to this topic about freebud issues. @bluetooth fix posted a solution. Please try it and let us know if it helped! :)

Hi Amy,

I tried clearing the cache as described but it still didn't work and I also tried connecting to a different android device and it came up with the same 3 Bluetooth devices described above.

I have only had the freebuds a matter of weeks or perhaps a couple of months so I presume they would be covered under warranty.

If no-one else has any other solutions how do I go about getting them repaired or replaced under warranty?
Hello people,
I've bought a Huawei P20 Pro with the Band 2 and Huawei FreeBuds in a bundle. After only one month the left FreeBud doesn't make any sound. (doubletap function still works) I really need help, I don't know what to do. I've tried one solution of an similar topic but it didn't work, please help!
I bought the Huawei P20 pro and a set of the wireless freebuds and one has stopped working after 2 weeks. Not impressed. I would like to know how to fix this, please
I'm having pretty much same issues, after one weeks use, left earphone just dropped in volume, it runs pretty much at lowest volume possible while right one works just fine. When it happened I was in a shop and took one of them out when I was talking with assistant and when I put it back it lost almost all volume.
So far tried, pairing, unpairing, factory resets for each and both earphones, updated them through freebuds app. Nothing worked.
Just wondering if they are covered with warranty since they were received as a gift? If yes can they be sent to repair center by post? As locations of repair centers are pretty far away from where I live.

Hay yeah thay are I sent my ones off to get fix just over two weeks ago and thay cover the price of the post too
I am using the Huawei freebuds paring them with Huawei Mate 10. I love the sound of them were amazing. But now suddenly the left buds have very low volume can't really hear well at all. I have trying them put opposite as well like right bud in left ear and left bud in right ear. Have same problem right work well in left ear also but left bud still have same problem I have connected them with my ipad still same and also reset and paired again nothing work. I am using my other LG Bluetooth they work very fine in left and right both. Could you please give a solucon please I realy miss the my freebuds.
Hi!
I have Huawei freebuds and I am absolutely happy with them, but for 2 weeks of using. My left earphone is very quite. And I dont know what happend. I updated them, but nothing happened.
Can You please help me?
Jandys
Hi!
I have Huawei freebuds and I am absolutely happy with them, but for 2 weeks of using. My left earphone is very quite. And I dont know what happend. I updated them, but nothing happened.
Can You please help me?
Jandys

Same thing here I don't know what to do with them
I receive an update for my freebuds ,after update i get a problem on left bud very low sound
Fix found!

My case:
Device: P20 Pro
Units: Freebuds

Worked 2 weeks. Recently faced connection problem. No connection (units are visible) on P20s bluetooth interface.

Did updated using the app, did factory reset, recharged. Not hepled for P20

Re tried on my macbook. They are paired. Connected.

Solution:
Went to P20s android bluetooth app settings. Cleared the bt cache, deleted the bt data.

Re-paired.
Repaired.

Connected.

Done that and left bud was still very low
I have same problem, mine left earbud have very low volume, tried with other devises as well but the result is same. And as I saw the other threads many people have same problem. Is there any solution of them or now just they are waste. I am very fed up.
Userlevel 1
Hi all,

Sane thing happened to me after 2 weeks so I sent them in for repair. After about 5 weeks, I got a new pair. Great I though because I do love the freebuds and the sound. Today however, 1 week after getting my second pair, the left ear bud has again gone silent 😣.

Please find a permanent fix for this Huawei.