Sticky Answered

Left Freebuds issues

• 28 September 2018
  • 125 replies

Show first post

125 replies

Same problems sent back was quoted £106 to fix even though I only had them less than 3 months my phone is just over 3 months old but I received the freebuds about 30 days after the phone but you don't get in invoice with the freebuds telling you date you received. So you basically only get 2 months warranty. Huawei can't give me invoice or tell me when they sent them to me complete joke. Then they ask me if I want them to destroy them lol
Hi I recently got the P20 pro (loving it btw) and got the free set out freebuds. They worked fine and great sound but now the left one has gone almost silent. Tried factory reset, update via the app and re-pairing but no success. Has anyone else had similar? Thnx

I recently tried all the tips below nothing was working for me at at. My buds wouldn't even pair with phone. I resolved this issue by downloadibg Bluetooth spp manager from play store then attempting repair this allowed to to repair after software upgrade to and has resolved sound issue for now hopefully this helps you folk's
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi sempleno1,

Thank you for the creative solution 🙂

In case that all the troubleshooting and workarounds are not effective for some, the last step would be to have them inspected by a Huawei Service center.
To facilitate the service repairs or inspections for the UK region we offer a postal repair service that is free of charge, for in warranty repairs.
To make a booking you just need to contact a huawei operator via https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/ either by mail, chat or hotline.

Hope this helps.
Best wishes,
Max
For my birthday this year (22nd November) I was given huawei freebuds. They were perfect and worked just fine until today. The right earphone appeared to just cut out all sound but after turning up the volume I realised that the audio was just extremely low. I have been looking for solutions all day and nothing seemed to help. At lunch I tried to connect them to my phone again and now my phone (p10 lite) can't find them. I'm at a loss as what to do. Is there anything I can do?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Ryanjames.parker,

So sorry to hear that your birthday gift has issues! 😞

I moved your question to this thread about the left freebud, but your issue seems similar. Please try to restore factory settings on the FreeBuds. Max' posted a how-to in this thread so please read the replies above and let us know if this helped!
Hi all, '

I had the exact same issue as described by so many in this topic. After using them a few months, the left one just lost volume and I could hardly hear anything from that bud. Tried all the suggested remedies but nothing worked. Since it happened from one day to the other, I thought I was due to bluetooth/software issues. However, just to make sure it wasn't dirt stopping the sound I took a fine sewing needle and very carefully tried to stick it in each hole (a very delicate operation.. 😉 ). A few holes in the speaker seemed to be clogged up (perhaps 2-3), so I very carefully tried to remove this.

Low and behold - after this the left bud is back to working perfectly again!

This is strange, 2-3 clogged holes out of all should not reduce the volume to 1%, but nevertheless it worked. It may not be the reason for everyone experiencing this issue, but perhaps a few of you could save your buds this way.

I´m not sure I should recommend this, it was very delicate - but if you want to try, make sure you have very good light, a very fine needle, and do not poke it in too far!

Proceed at own risk! (If you poke to far and break it, you´ve probably blown any chances of getting a replacement etc.. you get it.. )
New set of freebuds received thanks Huawei!!!
Hi all just a update I'm still trying to get my freebuds back.
please keep all emails from huawei and receipts for your phone as thay will ask for them as proof.
Userlevel 4
Hi I understand this is a old topic but the issue with the left earbud has now just happened to me, the left earbud has gone really quiet in fact so quiet you can hardly hear it at all, I got them free in August and have hardly used them at all, I've tried all the fixes on here but nothing seems to be making the left one become loud, I've now asked support teams what to do and they have said to send in to look at being repaired, but now the 3 month warranty has ended and I don't think it's fair I should be paying out on a problem that's not my fault, it's clear that the earbuds are faulty by all the other comments members have made on here, can anyone help or give me advice on what to do? The phone I love, it's great but the earbuds are crap no wonder there giving them away!! Not impressed Huawei!!!!!
Hay mob
From what I can gather is not worth paying for the fix as thay may brake again.
I'm just trying to my ones back out of principle.
But keep on that them as it's just a failt
Hi,

I got the freebuds with my mate20pro purchase, however I am encountering a few issues with the experience.

though the right earbud works perfectly, the left one often cuts out when I am using any gesture on the phone, such as unlocking phone, changing volume, using an application, typing etc. It is very frustrating as the left ear bud cuts in and out, and often open re-connection produces a static-like sound (distorted audio qualities).

Further I wanted to know if the earbuds came with a mic as I have never been successful in holding a phone conversation in public.

Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @empiran,

Welcome on the community. Sorry to see that you are having issues with your Freebuds. I moved your question to this thread. Please read the comments above and let us know if the mentioned fixes helped.
I had Left ear plug sound issue and I was able to solve it with this way and succesfully.

If you have a huawei FreeBuds and some issues to pairing or connecting Bluetooth, then sure you are not the first one!

You can try the follow steps:

1. Put the left or right one in the case and follow the factory reset.
2 after you reset one of the pair you take out the reset one, put back the other one, and follow again the reset factory.
When you done with the second one. You take him out.
3. Close the empty case. Close your Bluetooth on your devices.
4. Open the case, put them (pair) back in the case, close case
5. Open case and follow the factory procedure.
6. Close case and start a New pairing with your phone and the free buds, but remember delete first our free buds in your phone before you pairing again your buds!

After you successfully connected, you can try a software update. Download the freebud app in google.

The best way to update the firmware is without you have pared the freebuds in your Bluetooth list.
So delete first your pairing. Or use a other android phone.

When you follow the update, he ask to open the case and the green light go on. Press directly on update on the app. Because there is a short time the app can search the buds.

Hold your phone and buds case together. Less than 5cm.
I have tried all of the fixes in this thread but still have no luck. Left FreeBud is much much quieter than the right.

This is my second pair and I am really reluctant to send them off for repair again as last time it took 2 months to get them back after contacting them 10+ times.

Surely all of these incidents cannot be physical faults and they must be looking to correct this in an update?

If anyone has any other suggestions I would be very grateful.

Thanks
I've had this issue for a while. And it's even now affected a pair of plug in earphones. But for some reason, my cheap BlackBerry pair work fine.

Could it be a mono/stereo issue somewhere along the line?

That said, neither of the "broken" pairs work on my tablet - Android problem?

Just thinking out loud hoping someone somewhere knows how to sort this all out...

But I'm going to talk to the service team shortly (I've already done factory resets and the like)
Userlevel 1
Here's an update for you all.

I have had my freebuds replaced TWICE now and today, the left bud gave up again. I contacted via HiCare to be told that if you received the freebuds as part of the P20 PRO deal then you only have 3 months warranty.

This was fine for the first time they broke.

The second time they broke, they were still covered by the 30 days warranty that is applied following a repair.

Today, 3 DAYS AFTER my latest repair, they have broken again and won't be serviced again.......

Absolutely shocking. I'm just glad i didn't pay for them.

Will not be buying anything Huawei again. Let's just hope the phone manages to last the 2 years I've got it for.

For anyone else who is thinking of getting the expensive FreeBuds, I'd seriously consider any other brand or at least the wired version. FreeBuds break far too easily.
Userlevel 1
Here's an update for you all.

I have had my freebuds replaced TWICE now and today, the left bud gave up again. I contacted via HiCare to be told that if you received the freebuds as part of the P20 PRO deal then you only have 3 months warranty.

This was fine for the first time they broke.

The second time they broke, they were still covered by the 30 days warranty that is applied following a repair.

Today, 3 DAYS AFTER my latest repair, they have broken again and won't be serviced again.......

Absolutely shocking. I'm just glad i didn't pay for them.

Will not be buying anything Huawei again. Let's just hope the phone manages to last the 2 years I've got it for.

For anyone else who is thinking of getting the expensive FreeBuds, I'd seriously consider any other brand or at least the wired version. FreeBuds break far too easily.

This was meant to say 3 DAYS AFTER my latest repair warranty expired.
Userlevel 4
Huawei earbuds are an absolute joke, left earbud gave up after 5 uses and only 3 months warranty on them, asking me to pay £107 to fix them even tho it's a manufacture fault!!!!
Huawei made a great phone but your earbuds are crap and so is your warranty, I'll buy a decent set now that actually work!!!!!!
Userlevel 1
Hi all, '

I had the exact same issue as described by so many in this topic. After using them a few months, the left one just lost volume and I could hardly hear anything from that bud. Tried all the suggested remedies but nothing worked. Since it happened from one day to the other, I thought I was due to bluetooth/software issues. However, just to make sure it wasn't dirt stopping the sound I took a fine sewing needle and very carefully tried to stick it in each hole (a very delicate operation.. 😉 ). A few holes in the speaker seemed to be clogged up (perhaps 2-3), so I very carefully tried to remove this.

Low and behold - after this the left bud is back to working perfectly again!

This is strange, 2-3 clogged holes out of all should not reduce the volume to 1%, but nevertheless it worked. It may not be the reason for everyone experiencing this issue, but perhaps a few of you could save your buds this way.

I´m not sure I should recommend this, it was very delicate - but if you want to try, make sure you have very good light, a very fine needle, and do not poke it in too far!

Proceed at own risk! (If you poke to far and break it, you´ve probably blown any chances of getting a replacement etc.. you get it.. )

Strandberg,

You sir a legend!

On the off chance that this would work, I gave it a try after remembering that mine have broken numerous times whilst cleaning them. I got a sewing needle and gently poked it into the holes (not very far in at all) and low and behold, it's working again!

For everyone else, please bear in mind then when you are cleaning them, you don't get any debris in the tiny, tiny holes as this will make your left bud go almost silent. Quite why it doesn't do the same on the right one, I don't know.

Hope it helps you all out as well.
Unfortunately this didn't work for me :(

Any other ideas welcome
Userlevel 4
They sent me a letter asking for payment to repair them, when clearly there is a fault on them, out of order, no wonder they were free, I give up with them now, they can keep their crappy ear buds worth £130.00 I'm just glad I never paid £1.30 for them! The whole thing is an absolute disgrace what a joke!
My third set of these arrived today. I will update on how long they last!
Userlevel 4
They sent mine back after 3 weeks, with a note saying faulty ...motherboard!! But as out of 3mth warranty they won't repair them!..So all in all I had them for 4mths used them about 5 times and then they went wrong, so I needed to pay £106 to get them fixed.....sorry Huawei you got this wrong this time, your buds are crap and slot of people on here know that now, you should replace the goods if there found to be faulty!! Shove your £106 where the sun don't shine and the buds as well!!!
I've seen a few posts around issued with freebuds, specifically the left ear lossing volume without a fix..

Thus had now happened to mine and I'm only 4 months into buying them.... Contacted Huawei who said I needed to send them to a repair centre, I've now received a bill for £105.06 to have them repaired as I'm out of warranty... WOW!!!

OBVIOUSLY I'm not pleased, anyone had issues similar or could give any advice??
Userlevel 4
Mate I had an argument on the phone with them about it but they won't budge as it's there policy and 3mths warranty is all you get, I had mine about same length of time, sent away and same reply as you, I've binned them now as can't be arsed anymore to argue over them I'm just glad I never bought them....rubbish!!