Sticky Answered

Left Freebuds issues

• 28 September 2018
  • 125 replies

Show first post

125 replies

I have the same problem - very low volume in the left earbud. Now had them 4 months. Poor quality kit Huawei. Phone's good, but I won't bother with and Huawei accessories in future.
Userlevel 4
Join the club....well that's another person saying that the earbuds are crap..and obviously a fault with them but will never replace...manufactured fault definitely!!!!
//// this should fix all i did this on mine when i received the EW001_box error ONLY!!

I must add I already cleared all bluetooth cache etc and this was a last resort

(my error did not mention separate bud issue)

fixed

technical knowledge needed

in order to fix the buds

first open the lid and pop open the ear bud holder
disconnect Bluetooth power clip
then remove bluetooth signal panel from above battery housing
then remove bluetooth antenna
this should make the led light flash but this might have been me pressing button on back
re connect all wires
replace bud container

once all done perform factory reset

i assume this caused a hard reset but this has worked for me for over 6 hours
re charge as battery sensor will assume low battery
//// this should fix all i did this on mine when i recived the EW001_box error

NOTE SINCE THIS FIX I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO INSTALL UPDATE NOT SURE WHY AS ALL OTHER FUNCTIONS ARE WORKING FINE
Userlevel 4
I have a great fix and it works really well, open the bin and throw them in it, untill Huawei get their finger out and admit theirs a fault with these earbuds and a stupid 3 month warranty on them nobody stands a chance, there really a waste of time trying to get them to work, the bin is the best place for these untill they can sort it out. Better headphones out there anyway.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi all,

I am sorry to hear about the various issues you are experiencing with your Huawei freebuds.

As specified in the post above, if you have tried all of the troubleshooting steps available, I would recommend having the device inspected by one of our engineers at the service center for a more hands-on approach.
For the UK region you can arrange the service booking via mail chat or hotline (at 08000886700 free of charge of course) via https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/

Hope you found this helpful.
Best wishes,
Max
Userlevel 4
Thats all well and good max sending them away like I did, but then they want £106 to fix them after 4 MTHS usage..mine was a faulty motherboard...it's a joke mate, an absolute joke ...who is going to pay that?...poor faulty earbuds...and everyone knows it on here!!!!
My third set of these now has the same issue.
Calling in tomorrow and sending them back.
I use mine regularly so as long as I keep. Sending them back within 30 days I can keep on going until they fix it.
Userlevel 4
What a joke, no wonder there giving them away!
Selling mine to a person who's tone deaf in left ear lol half the price!!!

I have sat and looked at my third set of Freebuds for months and even considered selling them.

Cracked the seal today and these don't work either.

What a FARCE!!

Never buying another Huawei product again.
//// this should fix all i did this on mine when i received the EW001_box error ONLY!!

I must add I already cleared all bluetooth cache etc and this was a last resort

(my error did not mention separate bud issue)

fixed

technical knowledge needed

in order to fix the buds

first open the lid and pop open the ear bud holder
disconnect Bluetooth power clip
then remove bluetooth signal panel from above battery housing
then remove bluetooth antenna
this should make the led light flash but this might have been me pressing button on back
re connect all wires
replace bud container

once all done perform factory reset

i assume this caused a hard reset but this has worked for me for over 6 hours
re charge as battery sensor will assume low battery
//// this should fix all i did this on mine when i recived the EW001_box error

NOTE SINCE THIS FIX I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO INSTALL UPDATE NOT SURE WHY AS ALL OTHER FUNCTIONS ARE WORKING FINE

Might as well crack them open as going in the bin anyway.

Jokers.
My Freebuds have start to stop working in the left ear and make funny sounds. I can not find a link to make a UK warranty claim. the Hotline does not get answered.

Can someone please help?

Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @Rappermanuk, Welcome on the community! 🙂

I moved your topic to this thread, please read the thread and try the tips.

You can find more information about warranty here.
Has anyone contacted trading standards as this "promotion" is laughable and Huawei's response incredibly poor.
Userlevel 4
No I was thinking about getting in touch with them as I've been reading all these messages about the earbuds, mine included! Waste of time...3 month warranty what a joke!!...I will back anyone who gets in touch with them aswell. I bought my self some Dre beats and told Huawei to stick there poxy earbuds where sun don't shine!
Modfather50 this is my 3rd set and never even bothered to open them and considered selling (thankfully I didn't)

Eventually opened them up as thought what the hell and same issue.

It's NOT a promotion it's a CON and that should be looked at before the ridiculous 3 month warranty.

The emails I have sent and the time and effort to get last pairs sent back also should be taken into consideration.

RRP £150? 💩
Question for an Huawei representative:

What is the difference between the Huawei Freebuds you have scammed us with and the Huawei Honour Flypods Lite?

Honest answer now please.
My fourth set of these now has the same issue.
I will be getting in touch wihh them on Monday to send them back again.

I would really like to know whether Huawei have even bothered looking into this or whether they just keep sending out the same old crap to get rid of stock because they have a newer version out already!
At least you opened your sets in time.

I'm getting totally blanked now as third set lay for months with seal unbroken.

Still no answer from Huawei to my question above.
It hasn't always been this way, but my left bud has now gone quieter than the right so the music doesn't sound right, and only 2 months or so after purchase?

Has anyone got any advice? Thoughts?
hy everyone my name is elias and i live in belgium
i recently bought a new pair of huawei freebuds and after just one day of use i noticed that the left freebud is much louder then the right one.
i tried resetting it and did this a couple of times but nothing helped. i also updated the freebuds with the ap but that didn't help either.
how can i solve this?
Elias
Honestly feel for all of you guys, I'm seeing this left bud problem everywhere. Such a shame they're not recalling them as it's a worldwide problem and seems like they don't want to help anyone rather than petty little guides that'll only help a select few.

They've ironically just released the FreeBuds Lite which are retailing for much cheaper than the standard FreeBuds, I believe better battery life and water resistant. I don't think I'll be chancing Huawei's FreeBuds until I see a decent review someday.
Userlevel 1
All,

When you're on your third or maybe fourth set and your proxy warranty runs out, do what I did. Get a pin and take the metal covers off the ear buds.

Pop them in your ears (the buds not the little metal bits) and enjoy loud music again.
Userlevel 1
hy everyone my name is elias and i live in belgium
i recently bought a new pair of huawei freebuds and after just one day of use i noticed that the left freebud is much louder then the right one.
i tried resetting it and did this a couple of times but nothing helped. i also updated the freebuds with the ap but that didn't help either.
how can i solve this?
Elias

Take a pin and pop it through some of the holes on the right bud and try listening to music. Worked everyone for me.

Failing that, take the metal bits off the buds and try listening to music. As soon as I did that, they work good now. I just have to keep them clean.
Mine have lasted a month, left but is pretty much silent now, but they're outside of their warrenty, phoned Huawei customer services today and they agent said there was nothing they could do apart from sending them to be repaired at a cost, when I queried it he said I may as well just buy a new pair due to the cost of repair. Absolute joke.
Userlevel 1
Mine have lasted a month, left but is pretty much silent now, but they're outside of their warrenty, phoned Huawei customer services today and they agent said there was nothing they could do apart from sending them to be repaired at a cost, when I queried it he said I may as well just buy a new pair due to the cost of repair. Absolute joke.

Absolute joke of a product. Take a pin, pull the metal tips off (where the sound now doesn't come out of) and have a listen. Worked a treat on mine. Out of warranty so you won't be losing anything.