Question

Mate 20 Lite Bluetooth audio distortion

• 23 January 2019
  • 12 replies

Hi,

I'm experiencing some problems with Bluetooth on Mate 20 Lite.

I have the Bose QC35 Bluetooth headphones that works very well with another phones. With the mate 20 Lite when I turn on or off the screen the audio gets distorted or lags for a while.

I went to the support in Portugal and they upgraded the phone to 8.2.0.134 (C432) version but the bug still exists.

Do you have this issues?
I already tried to disable all settings regarding battery optimization..

Thanks

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hey Bmcgoncalves,

Welcome on the community! When you try your headphones with another phone, does it work correctly? Without it getting distorted? If so, please try to reset your phone. You can find a how to on this page.

Please let me know if this makes any difference!
Hi Amy,

Yes already did that. The headphones has no problems, they work very well with other phones.

There are other people with the same issue (last reply):

https://forum.xda-developers.com/20-lite/help/huawei-mate-20-lite-bad-bluetooth-t3855679
I tried the Bluetooth connection with a xiaomi Bluetooth speaker and the problem never occurs.

This is very strange, there is some incompatibility between Bose and Huawei?

In Samsung phones this problem do not exist.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Bmcgoncalves,

Thank you for sharing the link to XDA. I asked @Max from support to reply in this thread as soon as possible.
Update: in the morning if I restart the phone this issue disappears. In the end of the day when im getting out from work the issue reappears mysteriously until the next restart.
Update: if I force stop the Bluetooth process and restart the connection the issue also disappears
Update: if i disable Bluetooth after listen music and enable again only in the end of the day, the problem doesn't exist.

Maybe exist a problem with the Bluetooth process if enabled for a long time?
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @bmcgoncalves,

Happy to hear that you are using one of our devices!

In regards to your inquiry, we would recommend the following steps below:
1.Have you tried to unpair and pair your Bose headphones with your device? If so, we recommend you give it a try.
2.Reset your bluetooth. You can do this by going to Settings > Apps > Show system apps > The three dots > Show system processes > Bluetooth > Force Stop > Storage > Clear Cache > Clear Data > Restart your device.
3.Perform a Network Settings Reset. This can be done by going to Settings > System > Reset > Network Settings Reset > Restart device.

Please let us know of the outcome!😀

Best wishes,
Max
Hi, as you can see on previous responses I already did that and that works. That method isn't a solution..
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @bmcgoncalves,

In that case, can you please PM me the serial number of your phone so I can look into this further?

You can find the serial number in Settings > About phone > Status or on the box of the device.

Best wishes,
Max
I am having the same problem...
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
@Lukasdevreese , Have you tried the suggestion from Max?

Hi @bmcgoncalves,

Happy to hear that you are using one of our devices!

In regards to your inquiry, we would recommend the following steps below:
1.Have you tried to unpair and pair your Bose headphones with your device? If so, we recommend you give it a try.
2.Reset your bluetooth. You can do this by going to Settings > Apps > Show system apps > The three dots > Show system processes > Bluetooth > Force Stop > Storage > Clear Cache > Clear Data > Restart your device.
3.Perform a Network Settings Reset. This can be done by going to Settings > System > Reset > Network Settings Reset > Restart device.

Please let us know of the outcome!😀

Best wishes,
Max