Answered

My screen seems to be yellow, is that an issue?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
  • Community Manager
  • 2360 replies
Does your screen look yellow? Especially when there are white backgrounds? Below you will find why it's yellowish and what you can do about it.
icon

Best answer by Amy 14 August 2018, 11:24

If white backgrounds look yellow, it is likely that the Eye comfort mode is active. Eye Comfort mode helps to protect your eyes by reducing the transmission of blue light from the screen. It relieves you of eye fatigue and gives you more comfort when reading. So, it's better for your eyes!

It's easy to disable
Enter settings > Display > Check if Eye comfort is enabled and disable it. You can also change the colour temperature of the screen entering settings > Display > Colour Temperature and choose the one that fits best for you.

Let me know if this helps! If you have any questions regarding Eye comfort or a yellow screen: please reply in this topic. 🙂
View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
If white backgrounds look yellow, it is likely that the Eye comfort mode is active. Eye Comfort mode helps to protect your eyes by reducing the transmission of blue light from the screen. It relieves you of eye fatigue and gives you more comfort when reading. So, it's better for your eyes!

It's easy to disable
Enter settings > Display > Check if Eye comfort is enabled and disable it. You can also change the colour temperature of the screen entering settings > Display > Colour Temperature and choose the one that fits best for you.

Let me know if this helps! If you have any questions regarding Eye comfort or a yellow screen: please reply in this topic. 🙂
My phone is darker yellowihs on the right edge of the screen. It's all the way from the top to bottom. It's on regardless of the eye comfort settings. Can it be fixed?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @Mater,

Welcome on the community and thank you for your question.

I moved your question to this topic. You mentioned that it's regardless the eye comfort settings but did you also try to change the colour temperature of the screen entering settings? Please let me know if this solved your issues. 🙂
The thing is that it's only on one side not whole screen
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi Mater,

If you can pm me with few more details about the fault at your leisure that would be helpful.

Best wishes,
Max
It has like a discolouration about a 1cm thick along the long edge of the screan on the right hand side
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi Mater,

Please PM me, since i also need the imei and build number and we dont wish to have your private informations made public by mistake.

Best wishes,
Max
It has like a discolouration about a 1cm thick along the long edge of the screan on the right hand sideHi Mater,

If you can pm me with few more details about the fault at your leisure that would be helpful.

Best wishes,
Max

Hello there, I realise it has been too long since this post was originally made, but I seem to be having the exact same problem as Mater. Also the reason, for my case at least, seems to be the long term use of the eye comfort function. And by long term I mean 4-5 days.

The thing is that a friend of mine has the same issue as me. Same phone model (Mate 10 Lite), same cause and even same position of discolouration.

I only wish I hadn't figure this put too late which I did...
I am having the same issue going on with my P20 Lite for the last month. Eye comfort isn't on, done now checked Max. It is the top right hand corner and down the side that have a yellow tint on white then no yellow tint when colourful background. Very annoying.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Hello @AndrewYFenni welcome to our community!

We are sorry for this issue you are experiencing!

In this case I would like you to send me a screenshot in Private Message of your screen in order to have a better view on this!

I'm looking forward to your reply! Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any kind of problems in the future.Have a lovely day!

All the best,
BarneyT