Question

Notifications on screenlock

• 10 September 2018
  • 74 replies

I don't seem to be receiving all my notifications on my lock screen. I have reset my settings. How can I get all my notifications on my screen lock

74 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Notarpippo23,

Welcome on the Huawei Community!

Have you seen this topic? Are you having the same issue?

If not, could you let us know what phone you are using? And are the missing notifications from a specific app?
Im not getting no notifications even though they are all switched on to display on the locked screen. It vibrates and that's it. I have to unlock my phone to see what notification it is. I have reset settings.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
@Notarpippo23

Sorry to hear about the notifications issue.

Please tell us, have you checked the notifications settings for apps (Settings > Apps & notifications > Notifications management > App > Lock screen notifications)? By reset settings, what do you mean exactly? Also, what is is the model of your phone?

Looking forward to your reply!

Max

they are all enabled to display on lock screen. It is the Huawei p20 pro. I was told to reset app prefrrenced.
Userlevel 2
First of all I'd like to say thank you for adding me to the community, this is my first post and I absolutely love my Mate 10 Pro, best handset I've ever had!
Unfortunately I seem to have an odd problem... I don't seem to receive notifications from all the apps that send them. One of them is Messenger (Facebook). Unlike Whatsapp, when I get a message i don't see a dot next to the app's icon, and don't get the floating widget like I used to, but at least it does appear in the notification bar. I have other apps installed and I dont even get anything in the bar. One of these is an app called Citizen Me. I've already contacted them and they said all the settings are correct. On the phone's settings, under Apps and Notifications > Notifications management is set to "All apps are allowed to send".
It's not a major issue, just a little annoying as it means I have to open these apps just to see if there's anything new.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi all,

It seems like there are more users with this problem. 😞 We are aware of the problem and it will be fixed in an update. Unfortunately, we don't know when this will happen. In the meantime, there are 2 options for you all to try:

1. Change the theme from the Themes app
If there are no notifications displayed on the lock screen, even though the option is enable in the Notification Centre, you should try changing the phone's theme from the Themes app. Certain themes are glitchy and don't display the notifications properly.

2. Change battery settings
It's possible that the lack of notifications is caused by Huawei EMUI layer of optimisations.Open Phone Manager > Battery Icon > App Launch. Turn of the settings with the toggle and select 'Manage batch manually'. You will see a list of apps, each with the option to prevent auto launch, secondary launch and even background running.

You can find more on battery optimization here.

Please let us know if one of these options solved the problem.
Userlevel 1
I am not getting notifications of WhatsApp messages on lock screen. I've tried everything in FAQs. Any other suggestions please?

Thanks
Userlevel 5
Badge
I would like first at switching off all notifications and then adding them to see if this restarts sharing What's App notifications on a locked screen.

If you have tried this and it doesn't work, have you @novelista tried removing What's App and reinstalling it?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @novelista

I Moved your and @IanMCalvert 's replies to this thread.

Did you try the tips above? 🙂
I'm getting push notifications for some apps but not others. Specifically I'm not getting notifications for Wunderlist. I have set the app to "manage manually" with permission to run in the background. I've also set the battery manager to ignore it. I've wiped the app cache and the phones data cache but still nothing. Can anyone help with this please?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Digitalvicar,

I moved your question to this thread. Please read the above and let us know if you have any other questions! 🙂
My issue isn't with the lock screen. I just don't get notifications for some apps. Some do and some don't. Wunderlist is my to-do list and I get no notifications which is a pain in the bum frankly. As you'll have seen from my OP I've tried the obvious things and support suggested the cache clear but that didn't work either. It would seem the answer is... wait for a fix. It's a shame really because otherwise it's a good phone but I'm feeling a bit of buyers remorse.
Userlevel 1
First of all I'd like to say thank you for adding me to the community, this is my first post and I absolutely love my Mate 10 Pro, best handset I've ever had!
Unfortunately I seem to have an odd problem... I don't seem to receive notifications from all the apps that send them. One of them is Messenger (Facebook). Unlike Whatsapp, when I get a message i don't see a dot next to the app's icon, and don't get the floating widget like I used to, but at least it does appear in the notification bar. I have other apps installed and I dont even get anything in the bar. One of these is an app called Citizen Me. I've already contacted them and they said all the settings are correct. On the phone's settings, under Apps and Notifications > Notifications management is set to "All apps are allowed to send".
It's not a major issue, just a little annoying as it means I have to open these apps just to see if there's anything new.

Hi, if you are looking to enable apps badges, go to your settings, type app icon badges on search amd turn on your apps icon badges, make sure to select new notification instead of unread messages.
Hope this helps
Hello,
I did not receive notification on lock screen on my ny p20 lite. Not from all application but from most of them (google, gmail etc). When i wake up the phone all the notification coming. I have read much here and on other sites and have tried all (app launch is change to manual, ignore optimisitation, magazine unlock theme etc). Nothing working. Is there some solution?

Thank you very much for your help!
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Holymann,

I moved your question to this topic. Did you try all the tips above?

As mentioned, we are aware of the problem and it will be fixed in an update. Unfortunately, we don't know when this will happen... so fingers crossed that one of the above tips will help you!
Hi,

My P20 Pro regularly flashes a green notification light and/or makes a notification sound but when I swipe down there are no notifications there - any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks
Hello @jenbruce34

I have a theory/thought if you go to settings the to notifications if you have a batch management option try enabling all the notifications then disable all the notifications and configure your phone to alert you only for the thing you would like

Please let me know if this works
if not I will think up other options that could 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Jenbruce34 and N4T3,

I moved your replies to this topic. 🙂
Userlevel 1
Hi,

My P20 Pro regularly flashes a green notification light and/or makes a notification sound but when I swipe down there are no notifications there - any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks

Try going into your message settings, try tapping sim 1 or your other sim (if you have 2 sim) under sim settings, you will find there is wireless emergency alert and sim card messages, check them both.

if it happened that your phone block unknown contacts by default, go to your message, tap settings, look for blacklist, tap messages/call, hope this help you.
Userlevel 1
@ JenBruce34
just a slight addition, if you can't find the blocked messages or call in your message, go to dialer app, tap the 3 dots, select blocked and tap between the two, messages or call.

good luck
Hi Holymann,

As mentioned, we are aware of the problem and it will be fixed in an update. Unfortunately, we don't know when this will happen... so fingers crossed that one of the above tips will help you!

Thank you for your answer.
I have tried all without help.
Regards
Userlevel 1

Hi Holymann,

Thank you for your answer.
I have tried all without help.
Regards

I think the only way possible for your phone is factory reset it. clear the cache partition then factory reset it.
but make sure to back up your phone, or if you want to start fresh, forget the backup. just do the backup of the most important thing to you, photos, videos.

good luck
My friend bought a Huawei P20 Pro. This is a great phone, but there is a very annoying problem. When get notifications, they do not show on lock screen, she must unlock the screen to find the new messages, so that the message can not be found in time. Please help, how to solve this problem?
Userlevel 4
My friend bought a Huawei P20 Pro. This is a great phone, but there is a very annoying problem. When get notifications, they do not show on lock screen, she must unlock the screen to find the new messages, so that the message can not be found in time. Please help, how to solve this problem?

You need to manually change the settings for notifications to display them on the lock screen.
Try the following tips:
1. The Notifications turn on screen function is available only after Magazine unlock is enabled. Please set Magazine unlock first.
Go to Themes > Custiomise > Magazine unlock, select the Magazine unlock.
2. After Magazine unlock is set, go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Notifications & status bar, enable Notifications turn on screen.
3. Check whether Lock screen notification is enabled for the app. If Lock screen notifications is not enabled, new messages or notifications of the app will not be showed on screen.
Steps: Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Notifications management, tap the app which you want to show the notifications on lock screen, enable Allow notifications, and set Lock screen notifications as Display.
I have a Mate 20 pro and love it. I have a problem however. Certain apps like ESPN and other news apps sometimes do not send me notifications updates. Sometimes they will come through other times they will not. I know this is an issue because on my iPad I will receive a notification from one of said apps but nothing on my Huawei. This is also an issue with emails. I've tried multiple email apps and set sync to automatic but I will not receive email updates no matter what schedule I have the app set to sync at. In this case I have my emails to sync every 6 hours. I don't know if this is related to battery management that the Mate 20 pro offers or if it's a software glitch. I've done a factory reset and the issue persists. Any suggestions?