Question

What phones work with Android auto

• 20 December 2018
  • 5 replies

I am trying to find a phone which works well with android auto.Can you tell me whether an huawei phone is compatible.I have also seen that some phones now can connect via WiFi now.

5 replies

Userlevel 4
I have used a Mate 10 and a P20 Pro with a VW Golf GTi, and a Jeep. Both worked flawlessly, but I did have initial problems. This ended up being a combination of cable, and a software update.

Absolutely love it now. No idea why car makers bother with their own systems. Just give us a touch screen and a connection. Oh, and a discount!
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi Coolbawnviper,

Usually, the top range devices, such as P20, P20 Pro, Mate 20 and mate 20 Pro are compatible with the Android Auto.

There are multiple devices that are available as well, but this also depends on the car.

Hope this helps with your inquiry.

Best wishes,
Max
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi all,

I created a F.A.Q. for issues with Android Auto.

Please try the troubleshoot in this topic if you are having issues with Android Auto and with connecting your device to your car.
I have the P20 and it doesn't work with the Nissan Leaf whereas I can get a Pixel 2 to work with the same car and USB cable.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @russellhq

Is there any error message displayed when trying to connect the P20, or is it simply not detected? Have you also tried connecting it via Bluetooth?

I would also recommend resetting the phone's network settings. To do that, please go to Settings > Search for "network settings reset" (Search bar is at the top) > Reset network settings. Please keep in mind that this will also delete your Wi-Fi passwords.

I hope this helps and I look forward to your reply.