Folding Smartphone

Userlevel 4
Badge
Another question for you - Folding Smartphone - Yes or No?

As you may or may not be aware, the BBC interviewed Samsung where they wouldn't confirm that they are about launch to the folding smartphone did say they it was something they were looking at.

Elsewhere, there are lots of rumours that Samsung are rushing to release this Folding Smartphone not to show they have better products than Apple (who are releasing new phones next week) but try and show they are more forward thinking/innovating than "a rival in China" which lead commentators to believe this was aimed at Huawei!

But as they pointed out, Huawei are already ahead with development of this type of Phone, their Wearable devices, the home device, routers, set top boxes, smart meters and laptops - so anything they launch when it comes to mobile, again will be ahead of both Apple and Samsung!

The above did not go down well as after all, it seems they are losing their crown as Asia's top Tech company and with Huawei the No 2 in the phone market, how much longer before they lose their crown at the top?

Will the Folding Phone be a failure/flop for Samsung whilst being a major achievement and success for Huawei?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
I believe folding phones are the future of smart devices, my vision is that they would work as phones do currently when folder however you could then unfold then as use it as a tablet. There's some brilliant concept videos on YouTube which show this method and it's got me quite excited.
Userlevel 4
Badge
Well @Tony, as the saying goes (and I can't remember the film or TV show) - "I can neither confirm or deny that" from some of the conversations I have had and what I've been shown 😉

Let's just say, I think that 2019 the plan of Huawei being the No 1 Smartphone maker by Q4 is going to be broken and could be Q1 or Q2 and with the products being announced over the next six months and I wouldn't be surprised if details of the folding smartphone aren't discussed in London next month or announced.....
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Also if anyone at Huawei needs someone to test these foldable phones I know someone who is very interested 😉😁
Userlevel 4
Hi there
Personally on the surface of it, it all seems very exciting to me too folding phones and lager screens when opened, however I think it also has the potential for unaffordable phones and very expensive repair bills if any damages should accur. But hay same as @Tony I'm interested in testing too if the opportunity is available. 😁
Userlevel 6
Badge
S

o Huawei announced that within a year we will see there foldable phone,

Some people say it sounds amazing and some day it's a gimmick that won't work like 3d screens back in the day.

What do you think?
And who will relese one 1st?
Userlevel 6
Badge
I personally don't like the idea of this, as the look does not look classy to me,

I like a large phone to simply, take out pocket and put finger print on and use.
Userlevel 4
Many companies like Microsoft, LG, Samsung and Huawei are investing a lot of time and money in to foldable phones, its the next category in tech thats being created and its only around the corner.

The article below lists the leaks, rumours and info known so far.

What are your thoughts, do we need foldable phones or is it a case of we want foldable phones, leave a comment 👍🏻

Huawei 5G foldable phone
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
2019 year of the foldable phone. 🙂

2020 5g and holographic calls.

Exciting times
Userlevel 4
chillphone wrote:

2019 year of the foldable phone. 🙂

2020 5g and holographic calls.

Exciting times

I agree, definitely exciting times, especially with all the big companies competing to be the first and the best in the new category, can't wait to see the marketing as to why we need them 😂👍🏻
Userlevel 3
when 5g comes around am going back to my nokia 3310
just now wee paying to much for data what it be like then

check out what 5g in smart meters do to trees around them
and folks want that next to brain

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings