Answered

How can I unlock bootloader

I need unlock my bootloader please help me
icon

Best answer by Max 27 August 2018, 16:15

Hi Sohilkhan!

In response to your enquiry, we would like to inform you that the unlock code application service has ended, as of July 25th 2018, to ensure user experience and safety. Moreover, unlocking the bootloader of a device voids the warranty and it wasn’t recommended since it was the source of multiple software issues due to unauthorized software modifications.

Huawei used to provide users with corresponding unlock codes to meet personalized requirements due to the usage of different ROMs, which is an extra service and does not belong to consumers' rights.

However, due to possible problems caused by unlocking your device (such as system built-in function failure, device freezing, and power consumption increase) we will no longer provide the code.

Max

View original

22 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi Sohilkhan!

In response to your enquiry, we would like to inform you that the unlock code application service has ended, as of July 25th 2018, to ensure user experience and safety. Moreover, unlocking the bootloader of a device voids the warranty and it wasn’t recommended since it was the source of multiple software issues due to unauthorized software modifications.

Huawei used to provide users with corresponding unlock codes to meet personalized requirements due to the usage of different ROMs, which is an extra service and does not belong to consumers' rights.

However, due to possible problems caused by unlocking your device (such as system built-in function failure, device freezing, and power consumption increase) we will no longer provide the code.

Max
https://forum.xda-developers.com/note-10/how-to/bootloader-unlock-root-tutorial-huawei-t3855643
Userlevel 2
Sohilkhan wrote:

I need unlock my bootloader please help meHi Sohilkhan!

Max

Dear Max,
In my opinion I'm doing far better job updating and maintaining the software of my device. I got the hardware from you, I've paid for it promptly, could I please be allowed to do with it what I want and unlock my bootloader so I can run a better version of android that you've chosen for me? I'm loving the phone but absolutely hate EMUI this thing is horrid ugly and isn't being updated sufficiently. I've switched from 1+ which was amazing every single time I'm regretting having the phone that is still stuck on android 8 and if I won't be able to get rid of EMUI I'm definitely getting rid of the device.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hi Jacob,

I'm sorry to hear that you regret having this phone. As Max already told, the unlock code service has ended. We did it as an extra service but we wanted to ensure user experience and safety. And I'm sorry that you are still stuck on Android 8... we are doing our best to get everyone updates as soon as possible. But I don't have any more information about when exactly you will get the update. I can only ask you for your patience. Please keep in mind that we do read all the topics and replies about software updates and that we are sharing them with the software-team.
Userlevel 2
Well all I can say that in my opinion you guys are doing far better job than Samsung however being An experienced android user and ex developer in the early stages of android I realize how terrible the EMUI (still the 8th version🤣) is.
My P20 pro is an amazing Device bit due to its primitive software I've made my decision to trade it in and buy new 1+ on android 9. It's been fun but until Huawei software team won't step up their game I won't be back for more....won't even recommend..my mate asked me if he should go for the P20 pro successor after I've shown him my p20pro and said how amazing the software is in all he went: meh 1+ for me agin this year!
Sorry.
Userlevel 2
Also the last thing that could save this craphone from trading in would be unlocked bootloader and ability to install some useful and well performing/updated version of OS
does anyone know whats the new way to request the bootloader unlock code to huawei emui support page?
i cant see the request button anymore.
terodeg wrote:

does anyone know whats the new way to request the bootloader unlock code to huawei emui support page?
i cant see the request button anymore.

You can't.
Userlevel 3
Huawei should give users the option whether or not they want to unlock the bootloader. I no longer root my phones as I want my financial apps to be secure but the Android enthusiast should have the option. Only those who know the risks will request to unlock their bootloader. Custom ROMs continue to breathe life into handsets no longer supported by their manufacturers.
I have a Huawei Nova which is still stuck on EMUI 5.0. I want to upgrade it using an unofficial ROM, but I can't seem to find the bootloader unlocker. Can someone please help me?

Thank you.
EMUI - is the main thing why I will never buy any huawei phone in nearest future.

Amy wrote:

we are doing our best to get everyone updates as soon as possible.

This is a lie! I use Honor 8 that was released in 2016. The latest small updates were somewhere in 2016 or early 2017. So huawei was barely supporting my phone for about 1 year at most. Is it what you call ASAP?
As Jacob said earlier, we paid for the phone and for the OS. The unlocking process is difficult enough to prevent not experienced users doing it.
Return this ability back please. EMUI sucks.
Userlevel 2
There is a link to a bloke/girl on XDA forum where you can buy the bootloader unlock code, but it €30, just noticed it's posted on 3nd comment by Richard
@feckineejit there are plenty of such services in the internet, but they use prepayment system which is definitely unsafe. Plus you have to share your IDs...
Userlevel 2
servdo wrote:

@feckineejit there are plenty of such services in the internet, but they use prepayment system which is definitely unsafe. Plus you have to share your IDs...

I know, people on XDA were mentioning that but a few have tried and had no problems with the seller off the bootloader unlock. I haven't ordered the code myself but probably will when I get fed up waiting for updates for my p20 pro
Here is a cheaper option (about 4-5 euros) - https://www.dc-unlocker.com/
Going to try it this week and let you know how was it.
Userlevel 4
I ordered the unlock code from fleaBay from MZN Technologies in the UK last week. It arrived today and works fine 🙂 You can find it by searching for:

"Huawei Bootloader Fastest Password Code"

It's £15.86 which is a pity you have to cough, but there it is.

Cheers

Steve
Userlevel 4
Looks like there's a new player in town:

Bootloader Unlock Codes, Choose Model Below

Cheers

Steve
I just wonder why the code providing service for the bootloader closed and yeah i have read many conversations wich have gotten answers to but it just feels annoying because ive researched for many days how to root an huawei and have finally found the "unlock the bootloader solution" and found out the service was shut down. I mean why not keep the service going unlocking the bootloader is on own risk and i would like to reach full potential of my device.
Hi, My phone is very slow. I don't like Emui 4.0 trying use custom rom. But i can't unlock bootloader! Help me...
There was a limited time to get your bootloader code,my phone was on the way to get to me...but that limited time ended...and now i cant unlock my bootloader and cant root my phone...Just wondering will there be another limited time to get your bootloader code.

Cheers.
Userlevel 2
Naveeey wrote:

There was a limited time to get your bootloader code,my phone was on the way to get to me...but that limited time ended...and now i cant unlock my bootloader and cant root my phone...Just wondering will there be another limited time to get your bootloader code.

Cheers.

They've stopped giving out the bootloader codes, and most likely that won't change, only way possible at the minute is to pay for it using links posted above
Honestly, I believe Huawei doesn't care what users from the rest of the world thinks as long as they are thriving in their motherland. I got my Nova 3i last week for just over 100 euros, were sales really that bad? They should probably just charge for bootloader codes instead of stopping it totally, I'm sure users would prefer to go Huawei style than those 3rd party bloodsuckers. I wonder how serious does "modifying" the system can affect the device as any software related issues most likely could be solved with a firmware flash? I am truly disappointed I must admit, should've just get an Android One instead.

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings