Answered

I broke the screen on my phone, can I get a new screen?

Hi,

I brought a y7 four days ago, dropped it today. Can I get a new screen for this mode. If so, can you tell me where? Thank you!
icon

Best answer by Max 22 August 2018, 17:08

Hi Truss1963!

Glad to hear that you've recently purchased one of our devices. The cracked screen is most unfortunate, though 😞

The screen can be replaced at our authorized service center, located in Ashford, Kent. The repair procedure consists of a postal repair, meaning that, after we make a service request for you, you'll have to send the the phone to our service center in a jiffy bag that you'll receive through post. Once the phone arrives at the service center, usually it takes 8-10 working days for the repair to be completed.

Be advised that a cracked screen is not covered by the warranty, meaning that it will be done as a chargeable repair. However, the warranty will be reinstated after the repair is completed for the remainder of its duration.

That's the repair process in a nutshell. If you wish to know more information about the process, you can send me a private message and I'll be more than happy to assist 😃

Hope this proves useful!

Max

View original

21 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi Truss1963!

Glad to hear that you've recently purchased one of our devices. The cracked screen is most unfortunate, though 😞

The screen can be replaced at our authorized service center, located in Ashford, Kent. The repair procedure consists of a postal repair, meaning that, after we make a service request for you, you'll have to send the the phone to our service center in a jiffy bag that you'll receive through post. Once the phone arrives at the service center, usually it takes 8-10 working days for the repair to be completed.

Be advised that a cracked screen is not covered by the warranty, meaning that it will be done as a chargeable repair. However, the warranty will be reinstated after the repair is completed for the remainder of its duration.

That's the repair process in a nutshell. If you wish to know more information about the process, you can send me a private message and I'll be more than happy to assist 😃

Hope this proves useful!

Max
Hello

Please could someone provide the details for how I can go about getting a repair for my P20 pro rear glass screen that has cracked?

Thanks
Userlevel 1
Hi Wahbob,

I hope you are well. My advice is to contact our Customer Service team and speak to them regarding timescales. The number is 0800 886 700 or you can contact them on mobile.uk@huawei.com.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards

Mani
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hi Wahbob,

I'm sorry to read that your screen has cracked 😞. I moved your question to this topic. In the above post Max explains the process.

Don't forget to back up your data and take your device and proof of purchase when you visit a Huawei service centre for assistance.

And please let me know if you have any other questions!
hi
i've smashed my back screen on a p20 pro ,i've read that huawei will do a one off replacement within the first 3 months of purchase
i'm i right or is there some thing else to it
thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hi David ross,

Sorry to hear about your back screen! I moved your post to this topic. More info about warranty can be found here.
Where can I get a screen replaced on a Huawei P20 Pro.
Userlevel 2
vfm59 wrote:

Where can I get a screen replaced on a Huawei P20 Pro.

Use the HiCare app, it should let you find service centres locally to you.
None near by
Userlevel 2
vfm59 wrote:

None near by

If you contact the closest one to you, they may let you courier the device to and from them, possibly!
Userlevel 3

That's from the HiCare app. I am in Essex. The app only ever shows details for SBE Ltd.
Userlevel 2
BrotherBear wrote:

That's from the HiCare app. I am in Essex. The app only ever shows details for SBE Ltd.

I've read on this forum a few times that iSmash stores are going to become certified, I think it's a waiting game sadly.

Until then, this might well be the only official repair centre in the UK!
Userlevel 3
It's crazy
HI all,

so accident with my T3 10 inch, dropped it down the stairs after it slipped out of my hands, th screen has popped out and it doesnt want to work. The tablet turns and vibrates but nothing from the screen. it isnr smashed and the lcd is intact looking at it. I have seen online that i can buy a screen and fit it myself. But i would like to have it done properly so i can give it to my daughter. as i have already bought a new one for myself.
i have looked on the website but cannot find anything to point me in the right direction to get a price for a repair.

any help would be great thanks
David Mackenzie
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi Talset,

You can call our service center at 01233619320 and they can provide a estimate for the screen replacement, but i would recommend having the device inspected by them or even repaired within our service center.
Upon finishing the repairs they will also reinstate any remaining warranty on the device and they will make sure its up to standards.

And as always if you need any further assistance please feel free to contact us via forum or via mail, chat or hotline at https://consumer.huawei.com/

Best wishes,
Max
Just called the service centre. £220!!! OMG! Looks like I'm going to just live with it or DIY it.
dirtydonki wrote:

Just called the service centre. £220!!! OMG! Looks like I'm going to just live with it or DIY it.

It's only £220 for the case. £320 for the full repair! I have managed to get a much cheaper repair locally with a screen ordered from Huawei. Huawei should be going these repairs cheaper than the competition. They could afford to cover costs here and do this as a customer service to develop the brand, since the screens are not robust and since the phones are so expensive.
tripcode wrote:

dirtydonki wrote:

It's only £220 for the case. £320 for the full repair! I have managed to get a much cheaper repair locally with a screen ordered from Huawei. Huawei should be going these repairs cheaper than the competition. They could afford to cover costs here and do this as a customer service to develop the brand, since the screens are not robust and since the phones are so expensive.

I was quoted £220 for the complete repair. So not sure where you are getting £320 from. The complete LCD unit can be bought for £170. So £220 is not all that unreasonable.

Just called them again & was told £210 all in incl. postage. Prices are obviously heading in the right direction now. 😀
dirtydonki wrote:

tripcode wrote:

dirtydonki wrote:

I was quoted £220 for the complete repair. So not sure where you are getting £320 from. The complete LCD unit can be bought for £170. So £220 is not all that unreasonable.

Just called them again & was told £210 all in incl. postage. Prices are obviously heading in the right direction now. 😀

Ok I was definitely told £320.

Is the number 01233 619 320 at https://sbeglobalservice.com/uk/support ?

That's where I was told it would be £320
dirtydonki wrote:

tripcode wrote:

dirtydonki wrote:

I just called 01233 619 320 at https://sbeglobalservice.com/ number and they confirmed £320 as both the back cover and front cover needs replaced. It is NOT £210 with the official repair centre. If Huawei could confirm here? I have received a local price for £239 which I am going to go ahead with. £320 is too much. As I have said, Huawei should be doing these repairs at cost price.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi @tripcode,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

In regards to your inquiry, please be informed that the prices are determined by the official SBE service center and not by Huawei personally.
The price may vary depending on the model of the device, the spare parts that need to be replaced, the color of the device and the spare parts available for that specific color and also the parts that have been affected by the external damage.
With the above specified, after a through inspection of the device at the authorized service center, the price will be determined in order to proceed further with the repair.

Please keep in mind that repairing the device at another service center, aside from our official one, will be considered as an unauthorized repair and will permanently void the warranty of the device.

I trust this information is of assistance. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!😀
Max

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings