Let’s meet P smart 2019 - ask your questions about our newest device

Let’s meet P smart 2019 - ask your questions about our newest device
Userlevel 2
It's time to wake up from your holiday dream, as the new P smart is now available in UK! If you feel you did not receive enough gifts in December, it might be a good opportunity to catch up on this.

The new P smart combines elegance with solid functionality, spiced up with powerful performance. It packs in a 6.21- inch full dew drop display, Kirin 710 chipset, 64 GB of storage, 3GB of RAM. All that powered with 3,400mAh battery to ensure you can enjoy long winter evenings, playing new games and watching inspiring videos.It has a Dual AI 13 MP + 2MP Camera with a technology able to identify 22 categories and 500 scenarios will help you to capture proofs of your New Year’s Resolutions.

Hungry for more details about the specification?
Take a look at the product page and feel free to ask your question about the P smart 2019 in the comments below.⬇

19 replies

Anyone having problems with the WiFi signal on the p smart 2019? Returned my first phone because the WiFi signal kept dropping, just got my replacement and this one is the same.
P smart 2019 poor/average signal showing 2 bars and my old p9 lite showing 4 bars excellent/good signal when I'm no more than 10 metres from router?
I just joined the forum and am glad to see there's a topic about the exact phone that I'm hopefully going to be buying in the next couple of weeks. At some point I'd like to buy some add on lenses for it to improve the camera, I am completely new to that sort of thing so I wouldn't know where to start. Does anyone on the forum have any experience of this sort of thing who could give me some advice as to which lenses to go for that are not too expensive?

Thanks.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi Alkopite4ever,

Can you please pm me with the build number and the serial number of the device in question.
And also a few follow up questions if you can?

Best wishes,
Max
max, here's a photo of the serial serial number from the box the phone came in. If you need more info tell me where to find it and I will send it to you.
Thanks for your reply. you can send me an email address I can send you a couple of screenshots from the WiFi settings.
Thanks Alan Foley
As a follow up to my post, I also posted my original question in the photography section of this forum but that post appears to have been deleted for some reason. I'd appreciate a reply if anyone can recommend some good but not too expensive add on lenses that are compatible with the p smart 2019.

Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hi Owen,

I deleted your post because it's against community guidelines to post the same thing twice. I asked the support team to assist you in this thread.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi @Alkopite4ever,

In regards to your inquiry, the P Smart 2019 supports WLAN, a protocol of 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac. The WLAN Frequency is the following: 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz.
Could you please let us know if the situation you are currently facing in regards with the weak Wi-Fi signal happens only at home?

Hi @owenmahamilton,

As for your question, Huawei does not personally manufacture add on lenses for their devices.
It is best to inquire with the preferred retailers in regards to this as they will be able to assist you further with information about the add on lenses best fit for purchase for the P Smart 2019.
Amy wrote:

Hi Owen,

I deleted your post because it's against community guidelines to post the same thing twice. I asked the support team to assist you in this thread.

Ok thank you for the reply, I am sorry for breaking the community guidelines, I certainly did not mean to.
Alkopite4ever wrote:

Anyone having problems with the WiFi signal on the p smart 2019? Returned my first phone because the WiFi signal kept dropping, just got my replacement and this one is the same.
P smart 2019 poor/average signal showing 2 bars and my old p9 lite showing 4 bars excellent/good signal when I'm no more than 10 metres from router?

I am having the same issue 😞
Hi everyone,
i am a new huawei phone user. I have a huawei p smart and:
1. my phone get hot and the battery drain very quickly i can loss 10% in an hour, which is not normal considering that i bought it around 23 december 2018. I started to have these mid January. i notice that this happens when i am at work. wheen i am home i do not have these issues. Was thinking maybe i have when it is in my pocket the whole day as when i am home, i leave the phone on my table but at work it stays in my pocket the whole day. i have put a lot of restrictions on my apps but that have not fix the problem. even in power saving mode the battery drain quickly.

2. I also have a problem with the ultra power saving mode. When i turn it on my home screen, wallpaper and menu stays the same and only the return key works.My lock screen change to black and unlocking is only with fingerprints and unlock pattern, which is normal.
can anyone help me please 🙂
A
Alkopite4ever

1 day ago
Hi max, I have now tried a different connection and the same thing happens, the p9 lite shows 2 bars and the psmart 2019 drops to 1 bar then drops out while the p9 lite is still connected.
Thanks Alan.
I purchased this device recently buts its been an awful experience so far.

The ram management on the phone is terrible, it won't keep apps open in the backround so if you are trying to accomplish a simple task like copy a number from a photo into your phone dialler, the applications will force shut in the backround, leading you to have to put all the information in again.
It has 900mb of ram avaliable but there is no option to stop the software from force shutting apps that you want to keep open
Joshkm91 wrote:

The ram management on the phone is terrible, it won't keep apps open in the backround so if you are trying to accomplish a simple task like copy a number from a photo into your phone dialler, the applications will force shut in the backround, leading you to have to put all the information in again.
It has 900mb of ram avaliable but there is no option to stop the software from force shutting apps that you want to keep open

I can totally agree.
Apps are being erased from memory too fast.
I think a thing we can do is to lock the app in memory by swiping it down in the recent menu if we want to protect it from being erased. 🙂
alexmanu1 wrote:

Joshkm91 wrote:

I can totally agree.
Apps are being erased from memory too fast.
I think a thing we can do is to lock the app in memory by swiping it down in the recent menu if we want to protect it from being erased. :)

Good suggestion I didn't know about that. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work, the app still relaunches after 30 seconds or so, consequently any information on the page is lost.
It really sucks, the phone is quite good but this bug is quite frustrating.
Joshkm91 wrote:

alexmanu1 wrote:

Joshkm91 wrote:

Good suggestion I didn't know about that. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work, the app still relaunches after 30 seconds or so, consequently any information on the page is lost.

I really thought that would be a solution. Wow, such a bummer.
I hope an update soon to fix some of the problems...
I made a post but it seems that is ignored... Not all the things in my post need to be fixed/added but it would be nice an mod/admin to answer...
alexmanu1 wrote:

Joshkm91 wrote:

alexmanu1 wrote:

Joshkm91 wrote:

I really thought that would be a solution. Wow, such a bummer.
I hope an update soon to fix some of the problems...
I made a post but it seems that is ignored... Not all the things in my post need to be fixed/added but it would be nice an mod/admin to answer...

I had a mate 10 Pro, no issues with that.
But on this phone I guess cause its lower spec the software is micromanaging things I don't want it to!
I spoke to support they just said do a factory data reset but I know that won't fix it, this really need to be properly addressed. It would be nice for someone to escalate it for sure.
@Joshkm91
Hello again! Have you noticed that the WiFi on P Smart is not as strong as your last phone? I notice that a lot...
alexmanu1 wrote:

@Joshkm91
Hello again! Have you noticed that the WiFi on P Smart is not as strong as your last phone? I notice that a lot...

Hey, this is something I haven't noticed personally.
I generally just use mobile data to be honest.

As an update for my issue though, I tested it on another device and I still get the problem so it's definitely the software just being over zealous when there is 900mb of ram available it shouldn't be closing my apps!
Joshkm91 wrote:

alexmanu1 wrote:

@Joshkm91

Hey, this is something I haven't noticed personally.
I generally just use mobile data to be honest.

As an update for my issue though, I tested it on another device and I still get the problem so it's definitely the software just being over zealous when there is 900mb of ram available it shouldn't be closing my apps!

Thank you for your reply!
Well, you are lucky you are using mobile data more than WiFi, I would say haha
Mobile reception is fine but there's something strange with the WiFi one.
Sometimes the signal even drops when I am near the router!
About your issue, you are right, the problem lies in the software! 900mb free should be enough for some applications left in the background by you to get back to them later!

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings