P20 Lite Compass Does Not Work

• Opening Fortune Cookie
  • 1 reply
Hi Everyone,

I have a Huawei P20 Lite and updated it this Monday to the version appears as ANE-LX1 8.0.0.146(C461). Today I noticed that apps using the accelerometer, gyroscope and magnetometer data (such as Compass, Google Maps or a 360 degree video on YouTube) don't react when I move and rotate the device. HiCare smart diagnostics show no errors after "gravity sensor" test.

I would be very glad if anyone can help. Thanks!

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi Rond,

Sorry to hear of the situation but rest easy since from your description it sounds like it is just a software conflict.
A quick factory reset will sort this out for you. To do a factory reset, you simply have to go into Settings- on top there is a search bar - just search for the word "Reset". Among the search results presented there will be Factory Reset. It will ask for a confirmation and then proceed to delete all internal memory from the device restoring it to a factory condition.
Before doing a Factory Reset we do recommend doing a backup of all important personal data to a external source of your choice.

Hope you found this helpful.
Best wishes,
Max
Hi,

I have tried factory reset but it did not work. I had to change the device.

Thank you anyway.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi @Ron,

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Happy to hear about your new device,

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us! 😀

Max
Hi!
I seem to have the same problem with my P20 lite.
When I open up the compass app, it's stuck on N0° and the leveling thing on 9°.
I've found some similar posts out there already, all with the same story.
Has there been a fix to this problem yet? Because most seem to think it was due to an update.

PS: when I run the diagnostics tool from HiCare, it does give an error in my case.

Daan Verhelst
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi @Daan Verhelst,

In regards to your situation, could you kindly open the compass application and perform a calibration test?

After performing the calibration test, kindly perform a diagnostic in HiCare once more.

If the error persists, I would recommend having the device inspected by one of our engineers at the service center for a more hands-on approach.
For the UK region you can arrange the service booking via mail chat or hotline (at 08000886700 free of charge of course) via https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/
Or if you would like I can also facilitate this for you via PM.

Hope you found this helpful.😀
Best wishes,
Max

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings