Answered

P20 Lite Tempered Screen Protector

Hi,

I have now tried two different brands of tempered screen protectors and both do not totally adhere around the 4 edges of the screen and leave a horrible grey shadow, I'd rather not have it !!! I know this is probably due to the being slightly curved at the very edge.

Has anyone found one that fits better, I don't even mind if it does not go up to the edges, at least it will protect the majority of the screen from scratches, as long as I don't get the grey effect around the edges.

Thanks

Bobby
icon

Best answer by chillphone 19 October 2018, 17:04

You can get vinyl wraps for your phone, they tend to do it in large shopping centres, it's expensive about £50 but they don't hesitate whole phone in a protective gloss or matte and they apparently redo it if peels etc over time. It's expensive and I will no experience of them but the finish they displayed seemed good.

Mobile outfitters?

I think the product is called clear coat, again it's not cheap.

View original

7 replies

152bobby wrote:

Hi,

I have now tried two different brands of tempered screen protectors and both do not totally adhere around the 4 edges of the screen and leave a horrible grey shadow, I'd rather not have it !!! I know this is probably due to the being slightly curved at the very edge.

Has anyone found one that fits better, I don't even mind if it does not go up to the edges, at least it will protect the majority of the screen from scratches, as long as I don't get the grey effect around the edges.

Thanks

Bobby

Hi Bobby,

I purchased one for my partner's phone but again, it doesn't cover right to the edges and he dropped his phone and the screen broke. Have you tried looking on Tech 21s website or Gear 4?

Kirsty
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
You can get vinyl wraps for your phone, they tend to do it in large shopping centres, it's expensive about £50 but they don't hesitate whole phone in a protective gloss or matte and they apparently redo it if peels etc over time. It's expensive and I will no experience of them but the finish they displayed seemed good.

Mobile outfitters?

I think the product is called clear coat, again it's not cheap.
I just checked their website and the nearest one to my location is over 50 miles away, shame, looks good and their guarantee is excellent, if they uphold it.

I will keep looking.

Thanks
Thanks Kirsty for the info.

What I really need is someone who has a P20 Lite with a Tempered screen protector and they confirm that it adhered to the whole screen, especially the surrounding edges, otherwise, I could just go on buying screen protectors which don't do what I want.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Let me tag some P20 Lite users: @adem @Dubbydub603 @Falloutkid @muataz mohamed @Schminkerdoodle.

Can one of you help? If you use a screen protector...what kind do you use? Do you have any tips for @152bobby ? 🙂
Thanks Amy, much appreciated.

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings