Answered

P20 Pro goes to homescreen automatically

Hi i have a huawei Pro 20 and its only 4 months old. when ever i start to use my phone it starts to vibrate on and off automatically going to home screen and closing a browser or whatever it is im looking at. its as if the fingerprint 'button' or sensor becomes stuck. its difficult to use the phone coz everything just go back to homescreen and apps just close. appreciate any help. thanks
icon

Best answer by Max 5 December 2018, 17:06

Hi treen2000,

Sorry to hear of the situation. Have you tried a hard factory reset and testing the device without restoring all the apps, it sounds like a software conflict that you are experiencing.
To hard reset the device, you simply have to power off the device in question. Once it is off please press and hold the Volume Up Key and the Power Button for about 30 seconds. The device will then boot into a new menu with only 3 visible options. The middle option is the Factory Reset that we are looking for. After the device finishes the reset it will come back to this particular menu - to leave the menu just tap reboot system now ( the last option in the list ).

Let me know how it goes afterwards.
Best wishes,
Max

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi treen2000,

Sorry to hear of the situation. Have you tried a hard factory reset and testing the device without restoring all the apps, it sounds like a software conflict that you are experiencing.
To hard reset the device, you simply have to power off the device in question. Once it is off please press and hold the Volume Up Key and the Power Button for about 30 seconds. The device will then boot into a new menu with only 3 visible options. The middle option is the Factory Reset that we are looking for. After the device finishes the reset it will come back to this particular menu - to leave the menu just tap reboot system now ( the last option in the list ).

Let me know how it goes afterwards.
Best wishes,
Max
Thank you xx
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi treen2000,

I take it that the phone is now acting normally 🙂 ?

No problem, Im here to help.
Best wishes,
Max
its stopped thanks xx

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings