Question

P20 Pro vibrates and quits to home screen

Not had my P20 Pro long and the last couple of months it's been vibrating and quitting to the home screen when using any of my apps. A few times it's just randomly vibrated while just on a desk.

The recent update seemed to fix it for about 2 days then it's started doing it again. Also the fingerprint sensor hasn't worked for months as well.

I cant work out what might be causing it but it's very very annoying!

Thanks
Rob

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hey Robbb81,

Welcome on the community and thank you for sharing your issue with us.

Please try to reset your phone, this might help solve this issue. You can find a how to on this page.

Will you let us know if it helped? 🙂
Thanks Amy, it seems to have worked. Hopefully it wont start doing it again soon.

The finger print sensor still doesn't work, is that something that needs to be repaired?
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hi Robbb81,

Thanks for your reply! Glad to see that it worked. 🙂

About the fingerprint sensor, please take a look at this Fingerprint Identification F.A.Q..
Hi,

My phone has started to do it again. I have to say this is the worst phone I've ever owned. I cant believe after 6 months it's constantly doing this. I am not resetting my phone again to fix this every time.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi @robbb81,

Sorry to hear of the situation of your device, and thank you for providing us with all of the troubleshooting steps you have attempted.

In this case I would recommend having the device inspected by one of our engineers at the service center for a more hands-on approach.
For the UK region you can arrange the service booking via mail chat or hotline (at 08000886700 free of charge of course) via https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/
Or if you would like I can also facilitate this for you via PM.

Hope you found this helpful.
Best wishes,
Max
Hi Max,

Thanks for the reply.

I have booked to have my phone looked at by a "guru" at my local O2 shop so I will see what they say.

Thanks
Rob
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hey Rob,

Will you keep us updated? 🙂

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings