The P10 and P20 have dual cameras and the newP...triple camera....?

Userlevel 4
Badge
You may have seen some comments, leaks, news and photos coming out of #IFA2018 baout the latest phone to be launched in London next month, the question is, will it be carrying the Triple Leica rear cameras?

If you are into photography - what do you think the triple camera will offer and how do you think you would use it?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Well Huawei have set the standard for their flagships now by using 3 cameras on the rear so if we are looking at a potential P30 announcement I can't see them putting any less in their next flagship.

To be honest I'm struggling to think how they can improve the current setup, I think we will probably see a minor upgrade in the next model because the difference between the P10 and P20 Pro was massive, they surely can't sustain that each year. I think the next iteration of the P-series, with the new Kirin processor, will be more of a refinement in terms of photography... improved HDR, better AI shots, stabilization in 4K video, maybe an even better zoom.

My hope is that this powerful new processor will help improve the already fantastic low light capabilities. I'm still blown away by what my P20 Pro can do in the dark, if that gets even better I may ditch my DSLR altogether 😁
Userlevel 4
Badge
Tony wrote:

Well Huawei have set the standard for their flagships now by using 3 cameras on the rear so if we are looking at a potential P30 announcement I can't see them putting any less in their next flagship.

To be honest I'm struggling to think how they can improve the current setup, I think we will probably see a minor upgrade in the next model because the difference between the P10 and P20 Pro was massive, they surely can't sustain that each year. I think the next iteration of the P-series, with the new Kirin processor, will be more of a refinement in terms of photography... improved HDR, better AI shots, stabilization in 4K video, maybe an even better zoom.

My hope is that this powerful new processor will help improve the already fantastic low light capabilities. I'm still blown away by what my P20 Pro can do in the dark, if that gets even better I may ditch my DSLR altogether 😁

The insights I am seeing @Tony and hearing, the new MateP20Pro is going to be amazing phone when it comes out next month

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings