5ghz wifi option is missing from media pad m5

• 22 May 2019
  • 9 replies

Hi
I am used to have a 5ghz wifi in my tab now its not showing pls help me

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @Shihabudheen, Welcome on the community.

Yesterday @Barry started a topic about really slow wifi on his Mediapad. Maybe your issues are related? Would you please try the following steps: open Settings > System > Reset > Network Settings reset > Tap on Reset network settings button! Restart your device, then try connecting again.

Let me know if this works. 🙂
Userlevel 1
Hi, pls check features of the pad if it has 5ghz band.
I had an experience on this, thinking my Nova 3i as new phone and all modern phones should have this as basic features.
Unfortunately, after i bought it, i just found it as "single band phone" 😳 only 2.4ghz is the only available no 5ghz 😭
I had an experience on this, thinking my Nova 3i as new phone and all modern phones should have this as basic features.
Unfortunately, after i bought it, i just found it as "single band phone" 😳 only 2.4ghz is the only available no 5ghz 😭

I mistakenly clicked best answer for your comment actually my tab has 5ghz wifi before and now it is not showing may be after new emui9. Update
I need to confirm from other users of media pad m5 tab they are facing same issue or not also how to remove best answer from your comment
Hi @Shihabudheen, Welcome on the community.

Yesterday @Barry started a topic about really slow wifi on his Mediapad. Maybe your issues are related? Would you please try the following steps: open Settings > System > Reset > Network Settings reset > Tap on Reset network settings button! Restart your device, then try connecting again.

Let me know if this works. :)
@amy. This was the first advice customer care representative gave me and it did not work out. Pls help me to reach out to someone using same tab media pad m5
Userlevel 6
Badge +7

I mistakenly clicked best answer for your comment actually my tab has 5ghz wifi before and now it is not showing may be after new emui9. Update
I need to confirm from other users of media pad m5 tab they are facing same issue or not also how to remove best answer from your comment

I removed the best answer for you, unfortunately I'm not sure how to help with your issue. Is your router perhaps on dual GHz mode? And just happens to be using 2.4 at the moment. If you can switch your router to only 5ghz that would be a way to check I guess.
Regards Jase
Userlevel 1

No prob on removing the best answer 👍😊 just trying if i can help though. Hope you find the solution on this 👍
Userlevel 4
Badge
We are sorry, unfortunately the community do not seem to have an answer for your query. We'd suggest you reach out to our official support channels here https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/
Hi there I also have the same problem... My tablet mediapad m5 8.4 could not detect 5ghz WiFi....
Userlevel 1
Hi there I also have the same problem... My tablet mediapad m5 8.4 could not detect 5ghz WiFi....
Hi not familiar with Media pad m5, but does it have 5ghz antenna? You modem/router does it also have 5ghz antenna? Or is it enabled? Ty