Answered

Backup/move Huawei Health to new device

Hi,

I have been using a Huawei Band 2 Pro for the past year to track my exercises and sleep. I have been quite happy with it so far. Recently my the phone I was using (Galaxy S6) was not charging properly to I have to move to a temporary borrowed phone (Galaxy S7). I paired my Band 2 Pro with the new phone and everything seemed fine but I noticed that none of my previous data from the Huawei Health app had moved (apart from one run in October 2018 !!??). I have tried to sync my old device to the cloud repeatedly making sure that Personal data, fitness data and health data to the cloud are all checked in the settings. But nothing seems to appear on the new phone.

I was considering to by a Mate 20 as my new device but given this experience I am questioning the choice.

Can you help with this?

Thanks
icon

Best answer by Max 7 May 2019, 10:43

Hey @ChetanYadav, welcome to the community!

We're sorry to hear about the issue you've experienced with the Health app.

Are you sure that syncing was enabled on the previous device? To find "Auto-sync data" open Huawei Health > Me > Settings. If this was disabled on the previous phone your data might not have synced over properly to the cloud.

In this case unfortunately the only way to access it would be through the previous phone.

We apologize about the inconvenience!

Feel free to let us know if you need more assistance!

Max
View original

27 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hey @ChetanYadav, welcome to the community!

We're sorry to hear about the issue you've experienced with the Health app.

Are you sure that syncing was enabled on the previous device? To find "Auto-sync data" open Huawei Health > Me > Settings. If this was disabled on the previous phone your data might not have synced over properly to the cloud.

In this case unfortunately the only way to access it would be through the previous phone.

We apologize about the inconvenience!

Feel free to let us know if you need more assistance!

Max
Hi @Max ,

Thanks for the reply. Yes the "Auto-sync data" option in Huawei Health > Me > Settings on both the new and the old phone is enabled. Additionally I have also done "Sync data manually" several times but the data would not appear on the new device.

I still have the old device with me and accessible. So how do I port it to the new device?

Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hey @ChetanYadav, welcome back!

We are sorry about the inconvenience!

Do you have battery saver enabled? Battery saver disables Sync all across the platform.

Please make sure you have it disabled and try again!

Cheers,
Max
I have same problem

Are you sure that syncing was enabled on the previous device? To find "Auto-sync data" open Huawei Health > Me > Settings.

In my case there are not "Auto-sync data" item in Huawei Health > Me > Settings.
Please, add export/import ability. I think all users need this feature.
Hi,

Just as an update clearing the cache in the Huawei Heath app on the receiving phone and re-syncing allowed the data to appear on the new device in my case.

Thanks.
I need move data from old phone to new phone. Please, add some way to do it.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@ChetanYadav , glad to hear the issue has been resolved.
We need move data of Huawei Health android application from old phone to new phone.

I use the command:

adb backup -f huawei.health.ab -apk com.huawei.health

But I got file 41 byte. Look like ALLOW_BACKUP:FALSE for Huawei Health

Please fix it. Thanks
I do not have the "Auto-sync data" option in Huawei Health > Me > Settings. What do I do?
@snacky They are ignore our questions. Please, write to official support https://support.huawei.com
And, please. Let us know in this topic, if your problem will resolved
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Igor T , sorry, I see I didn't respond to your post as I'd responded to ChetanYandav at the same time, missing your reply. The topic is flagged for support team to look at, so hopefully they will note your comment.

@snacky , this topic is flagged with the support team to look at, but as Igor T explains, you can also directly contact https://support.huawei.com as well.
I wrote to https://support.huawei.com/ directly. They said to use "Auto-sync data" option in Huawei Health > Me > Settings. But I have not this feature in settings. I wrote it to them also. But they keep silence
Hi,
I have the same issue. There is no any sync option - manual or auto in the Huawei health application.
The application is of the latest version.
@Demoune Unfortunately it does not make sense to write here about it

You can try to call your local hot line https://e.huawei.com/en/service-hotline-query

I have loast my data from old device already. But may be you will be able to move it
I use both M20P and some S.Galaxy, while only 1 Watch GT. Due to some activities, while I wear W.GT I still change the mobile and so need such switch and data exchange from this H.Health, the reason why I come here, but I have to say that this app is probably poorly designed in term of Synch or data exchange.

First, in Me/Setting... there is NO login, so it is very local to this phone. I guess it uses Huawei Profile ID set in the phone, so while the profile is set, this is not visible in other non Huawei devices, so on Galaxy model, while it still pairs with the watch, the profile needs to be edited but data are blank, no way to restore profile.

Second, the Health app itself, while running on other Android devices, some functions will display on the app in Huawei device but not in non-H devices, at least what I see with M20P and many other Galaxy devices. So the mentioned "Auto Sync" simply disappeared from Me/Setting. Same for weather sync,it works only on H.device.

This sounds to conclude: this H.watch will work only with H.devices, like Samsung watches will work only on S.devices, is that fair? :):P

Am I wrong by missing some setting? Anyone has the same experience?
I wrote to https://support.huawei.com/ directly. They said to use "Auto-sync data" option in Huawei Health > Me > Settings. But I have not this feature in settings. I wrote it to them also. But they keep silence
Hi Igor, may I ask if your phone is Huawei or another Android device using this watch? Thanks!
Old phone Xiaomi Redmi 3S. New phone Xiaomi Redmi 7 Note.
Device - Honor Band 4.
They can enable backup by ALLOW_BACKUP:TRUE in application package settings.
But they ignore this problem
Old phone Xiaomi Redmi 3S. New phone Xiaomi Redmi 7 Note.
Device - Honor Band 4.

Thanks Igor, I think it's what I doubted: the app will not be fully functional if running on non Huawei devices.
I have been using Honor Band 4 for almost 6 months now. I have bought a new phone and I want to transfer the sleep/fitness data inside Huawei Health app on my old phone to my new phone. I could not figure out how to. Could you please help?
I have an oneplus 6t mobile. I am using honor band 4 with Huawei health app. Is there any way to save all the health data history and can be transferred to another mobile. I was planning to upgrade my band to Huawei watch GT but it's a disappointment to see all that data history will not be saved if I change/lost mobile. All the health apps available in the market e.g samsung, mi, Fitbit, Garmin, amazfit etc allows user to login and transfer the data history. Is there anyway to transfer. If not then does Huawei plans to introduce it as the deal breaker?
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi @enginbasoglu , I've moved your question here. Hopefully the following helps:

Hi,

I am an iphone user and I don't see that setting neither on the app itself, nor on the settings menu of the iphone. What I would like to do is to have an account so that my previous sleep/exercise data will be transferred to my new phone. Your reply does not help.

Thanks,
Engin
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@enginbasoglu , sorry I wasn't able to help. The post is flagged for the support team to check, so hopefully they can assist them or you can contact them direct.
@Danjl .. thanx for prompt reply but seems a lot of users are facing the same problem. The said solution "Auto-sync data open Huawei Health > Me > Settings." Doesn't appear on my app either. Only six options available under that heading are:-

Notification management
Heart rate limit and zones
Units
Open source licenses
Private settings
Clear cache

Besides the app never asked for any ID (Huawei or Goggle or email) so definitely the app is not saving data over the internet.

Mobile: - OnePlus 6t and Xiaomi mi max 2
Fitness band: - Honor band 4