Question

Band 2 & 3 Pro climb function

• 30 January 2019
  • 36 replies

Hi I’ve had a pro band 3 for a couple of months now but can’t get the climb function to record. I don’t have a Huawei phone but I do use the Huawei app. any ideas on how to fix it?.. thank you

36 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Kelly13,

Glad to hear you have purchased a Huawei device! I hope you find it useful!

Regarding your inquiry, first of all, can you please try to clear the cache of the application from the phone? You can do that from the settings of the phone.

I trust this information will be useful in your inquiry. Nevertheless, if you still face any other issues or you have other questions, please let me know!

Best wishes,
Max
Hi Max
I cleared the cache from safari and then looked at clearing the data from the app.i have the choice of deleting the app on the i phone but I would lose all my data? There is only 140mb of data stored so far in the app.
The climb function has never worked from when I first installed the app and linked the device. Feeling confused lol
many thanks
kind regards
sherry
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Kelly13,

Can you also please tell me what is the model of your mobile phone that the band is paired with?

Best wishes,
Max
Hi Max it’s an I phone 7
Hello,

I've recently purchased the Huawei band pro 3, and synced it with an iPhone 6s, but it won't measure the stairs i'm climbing. I've also had this issue with the Huawei band 2.
Is there something I or you can do to resolve this?

Kind regards,
Anna
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @Annakiwi,

I moved your question to this thread. Please try Max suggestion in the above comment.

Will you keep us updated?
Hi Amy,

I've read the instructions above, but it didn't resolve the stair issue.
I even have an additional issue now: after the latest update the band
won't show message notifications. I see the message balloon on the
homescreen and the submenu messages shows 1, but when I want
to read the message it says: no new notifications.
Also when I have more then 1 message, it still shows 1.
It worked fine earlier.

Is this a bug in the latest update? I have firmwareversion: 1.0.1.0.48(c00)

Hope you can help.
In addition: I've reset my band, did a factory reset on the app and deleted the app on my iphone 6s and re-installed everything, this also didn't solve the problem.
Hi I have a huawei band 3 pro and I can't receive any climb data on my Google Pixel 1. Health app just says " this phone cannot record climb data" which I find a bit strange seeing as it has GPS
I too have just received a brand new band 3 pro and paired it with Huawei Health on iPhone 7 and it does not track climbing. Please advise. The instructions about clearing the cache don’t apply to iOS. All you can do is delete the app.

Any additional advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Geoff
Hi,
I have been using my Band 3 Pro for a week now paired with a P20 Pro. Does this device record stairs climbed? And if so how do I set it up.

Thanks,

Paul.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @RedbrickBike,

You will need HuaweiHealth or Huawei Wear installed on your device and have it paired with the Band 3 Pro.

The Band will automatically detect your climbing steps.

I trust this information is of assistance. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!😀
Max
No. Like everyone else that has asked this question it still says 0% climbed. Does the Band 3 Pro record stairs climbed an if so why is it so difficult to access?
Userlevel 4
Badge
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/huawei-health/id1325481372?mt=8

Just in case, do you have this installed?
No climbing data and no elevation data on my cycling experience with Huawei Health. I have a p10 lite and a band 3 pro. Could you please help me?
Hi I’ve just exchanged my Band 3 as the climb function never worked. I reinstalled the app and even created a new account but my new device isn’t recording it either. Can someone please advise?
Userlevel 1
Hi, I don’t see climbed stairs as well. I have a Huawei Band 3 pro and iPhone 8 with Huawei Health installed.

Purchased it this Thursday and both band and app is updated with latest firmware.

as reference my iPhone health app reports 55 stairs climbed.

Please get get back to us in this matter. Thanks!
Otherwise very pleased with the band!
Hi, I don’t see climbed stairs as well. I have a Huawei Band 3 pro and iPhone 8 with Huawei Health installed.

Purchased it this Thursday and both band and app is updated with latest firmware.

as reference my iPhone health app reports 55 stairs climbed.

Please get get back to us in this matter. Thanks!
Otherwise very pleased with the band!

Same here. Band 3 Pro C-30 and there is no climbing data available. Please help/respond/fix

Hi I’ve had a pro band 3 for a couple of months now but can’t get the climb function to record. I don’t have a Huawei phone but I do use the Huawei app. any ideas on how to fix it?.. thank you
I have the same problem!
The iphone has the climb data, but the huawei health app doesn’t sync it for some reason.
It’s very disappointing.
Hope to get some help here. Maybe it’s a bug the developers will have to fix with an update.
I have returned my newly bought Band 2 Pro because it did not record stair climbing as it is supposed to do. In stead I am considering to buy the Band 3 Pro but I cannot seem to find confirmed information if the Band 3 Pro supports stairs climbinh.

Please confirm.

I have posted the same problem with Band 2 Pro and the result was that it was raised a level up and then absolutely nothing has happened!! I am convinced after reading all the different posts that neither Band 2 nor Band 3 can record climbing stairs even though they are supposed to do so.
If you want a smartband supporting this you will need the Garmin VivoSport which does the job. The price is however much more expensive.
I will return my brand new Band 2 Pro due to malfunction. 😧
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi all,

I'm really sorry that this issue hasn't been solved yet. The bands should be able to automatically detect your climbing steps.🤔

This thread is flagged for our support team but they still have some outstanding questions so it might take a few days before they respond. Please contact our support team directly if you need help now: https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/
Hi, I have the same problems as others users in this thread.

Don't have climb information and steps in the Band 3 Pro is higher than steps in app. Band 3 Pro does not sync all information to app. I'm pretty disappointed.

Another problem, yesterday i did a Free Training but this training was not synced to app and I lost this information.

My band 3 pro is brand new and I'm using Iphone 8 IOS 12.2

How can you help me?
As with many people on here, we are having the same issue with the band 2 pro, that it doesn't record climbing. With this always registering 0%.

My wife and I both have a band, I am using it with a Sony phone on Android, my wife is paired with an Iphone..

We bought these to help with training for a mountain climb, so this function is important to us. Please advise
I have the same problem and I had it with Band 2 Pro too!! After having read several threads I doubt that the climb function works at all on any of these devices. Too many posts from people where the climb function doesn't work and NEVER DID!!
When is Huawei going to solve this problem via a firmware update???