Question

Band 2 & 3 Pro climb function

• 30 January 2019
  • 36 replies

Show first post

36 replies

Hi all,

I'm really sorry that this issue hasn't been solved yet. The bands should be able to automatically detect your climbing steps.🤔

This thread is flagged for our support team but they still have some outstanding questions so it might take a few days before they respond. Please contact our support team directly if you need help now: https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/

Any progress in sight? This is a major bug and should be adressed / fixed as soon as possible
Also having this issue with Band 2 Pro and Samsung S9. Emailed them directly and followed all their steps and still waiting a response....
Hello. I've been using honor band 4 with Huawei Nova 2i for more than a year.
The climb function has never worked for me. The report for climbed stairs is always 0%. This also happens with the running report.
Only the walking report works.

I have cleared caches and installed the latest update of the band.

I hope this problem can be solved as soon as possible.

I just got a Band 2 Pro as a gift and it won't record climbing data, either. I assumed it was because my phone is older (Samsung Galaxy S6) but I am very disappointed to see that it seems to be false advertising on the part of Huawei. My phone can record this data with other devices, and the Android version is far above the minimum requirement. This, combined with the fact that it won't synch with Strava, My Fitness Pro, Google Fit, Samsung Health, etc, is making me seriously regret the fact someone purchased this.

This thread seems to indicate a complete lack of care from Huawei, who have not bothered to address the questions from anyone here. I was considering upgrading the band 2 if that was the cause, but can see that other bands also have the same issues. This is making me want to switch to a different brand.
Just bought band pro 3 exact same story as above done my 1st cycle and no climb data which makes it useless to compare rides seen as this as been happening for the last 5 months I think I will be returning the product asap as huawei obviously couldn't care less about fixing it.
Hi all,

I'm really sorry that this issue hasn't been solved yet. The bands should be able to automatically detect your climbing steps.🤔

This thread is flagged for our support team but they still have some outstanding questions so it might take a few days before they respond. Please contact our support team directly if you need help now: https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/

HELLOOOOOOO? ANYBODY LISTENING????
Userlevel 1
Badge
Hi all,

I'm sorry to find out that you have this situation with the bands. Rest assure, I will forward your feedback to our developer team to have it into consideration for the next update.
Just to confirm with you, the Band 3 and Band 3 pro and the Honor Band 4 don't support the climbing data detection.
Currently our bands does not support climbing data or floors on daily life, only the climbing data on workout is supported. The home page board of Health App only shows daily data; the gyroscope sensor measure the climbing activity based only on the outdoor altitude activity ( real climbing, mountain trips, etc). Hope it helps.

Have a nice week !

Best,
Charlie T. 🤓
Hi all,

I'm sorry to find out that you have this situation with the bands. Rest assure, I will forward your feedback to our developer team to have it into consideration for the next update.
Just to confirm with you, the Band 3 and Band 3 pro and the Honor Band 4 don't support the climbing data detection.
Currently our bands does not support climbing data or floors on daily life, only the climbing data on workout is supported. The home page board of Health App only shows daily data; the gyroscope sensor measure the climbing activity based only on the outdoor altitude activity ( real climbing, mountain trips, etc). Hope it helps.

Have a nice week !

Best,
Charlie T. 🤓

really????
Hi all,

Have a nice week !

Best,
Charlie T. 🤓

Hi Charlie T,

I don't fully understand your answer. For clarity, can you explain which activity/workout I would need to complete to record the climbing data? Is this an automatic recognition, as I don't have anything close to climbing in the manual options.

Steve
My band 3 does not record elevation when cycling either soooooo.......??? Oh also gps has stopped working after 3 weeks.
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Hello everyone!

We are truly sorry for this unpleasant issues!

We appreciate the customer's input and are very thankful that you took the time to write these suggestions regarding Band 2 Pro.

Your requests have been passed on to the development team and we can assure you that they will be taken into account for future updates & development.

Thank you for your feedback, appreciate a lot!

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any kind of problems in the future. You can also send me a private message for further assistance. Have a lovely day!

All the best,
BarneyT