Answered

Band 2 - how do you keep the screen on when running?

• 14 November 2018
  • 6 replies

It would be useful, for things like track running, for the screen to stay on during a run.

Can you change any settings to do this?

Cheers

Mark
icon

Best answer by sonnnet 15 November 2018, 14:49

Yes, @chillphone is correct. The screen will timeout as usual. However, when in running mode, the band will remember which screen you last had on. So you do have to raise your wrist to turn on the screen, but you don't have to navigate through the pages. Try practicing your wrist rotation. A quick flick of the wrist works really well, so this shouldn't be an issue for you. And you'll save some battery too, which is important especially if you have GPS on as that inevitably drains more battery.

Enjoy. It's a great little gadget.
View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Mark,

Welcome on the community! Let me tag some other Band 2 users for you:

@sonnnet, @Albara, @gmincca, @chillphone, any ideas!? 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
I'm sorry I'm not much help as I don't run!

It's not an option mainly due to battery saving is my understanding.

You can turn on when raising wrist or with gestures, you'll just have to make big hand movements?

The smart watch's do have always on display option though.
Yes, @chillphone is correct. The screen will timeout as usual. However, when in running mode, the band will remember which screen you last had on. So you do have to raise your wrist to turn on the screen, but you don't have to navigate through the pages. Try practicing your wrist rotation. A quick flick of the wrist works really well, so this shouldn't be an issue for you. And you'll save some battery too, which is important especially if you have GPS on as that inevitably drains more battery.

Enjoy. It's a great little gadget.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Thanks for the help @chillphone and @sonnnet!

@thepickleruk please let us know if this was helpful. 🙂
Yeah, enjoying the gadget. Great bit of kit for the price.

But if your a serious runner you won't want to flick a wrist while running round a track. So suspect I will also need a Garmin as well. Hopefully this is something they'll look at for later versions.

Cheers for your help tho.

M.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
@sonnnet Thank you for your help and explanation!.

@thepickleruk , as we understand having the option of keeping the screen on is important for runners, we passed your suggestion to our development department so they can take it into consideration when it comes to upcoming features. Thank you!