Question

Band 2 pro battery drain

• 25 March 2019
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I bought two band 2 pro wrist watches for my girlfriend and me. I am on android whilst she is on iPhone.

I have noticed some differences and wondered if you could help with each of the topics below:

1 - with trusleep and heart rate monitor always on my watch lasts approximately 10 days, hers only 3-5

2 - my watch syncs much more frequently than hers, she must wait every time she opens the app, I rarely need to

3 - I get the option to enable notification by specific app (eg Gmail or WhatsApp etc) she only sees 'messages' and it enables everything or nothing

4 - my watch is on firmware 1.2.43 whereas hers is on 1.2.47. Neither app believes there is an update available when the 'check for updates button is pressed'

Please let me know if you have any answers to the above, the battery drain is the main problem as we're travelling and don't always have access to electricity.

Kind regards,

Max

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi Maxwell!

We are glad that you have chosen Huawei devices.

We inform you that you can expect to get 21 days of battery life from the band in the following usage scenario:

• Automatic heat rate monitoring is disabled by default.
  • Steps are counted and sleep is monitored throughout the day.
  • The time or fitness data is checked 120 times per day during the daytime (average).
  • 50 message notifications are received per day.
  • 5 incoming call notifications are received per day.
  • The alarm is used 3 times per day.
For the notifications, we recommend you follow the steps that we provide below:

1. Open the Huawei Health app and toggle on the Notifications management switch.
2. On your phone, go to Settings > Notifications. Select the third-party app from which you want to receive notifications, then toggle on the Allow Notifications switch.

For updates, we inform you that when your band is paired with your phone over Bluetooth, go to the Huawei Health app and touch Firmware update. The band will verify the version information and update itself if a new version is available.

I trust this information is of assistance. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Max