Answered

Band 3 Pro calorie counter

• 27 January 2019
  • 5 replies

My question is whether the calorie counter is a total calorie burn in the day i.e. Sitting down, making dinner and all my exercises, it is it just the exercising I do like runs and gym sessions.

I've moved from a fit bit to the band 3 Pro as i wanted it to be fully integrated but it doesn't seem to tell me my total calorie burn in the day just my runs.

Any info if this is accurate or if I'm wrong?? Thanks
icon

Best answer by Max 11 February 2019, 20:14

Hi @Rickmarlow18,

Thank you forbringing this up, that's a good question!

First of all, i hope that you are enjoying the device and find its features useful in your daily activities!

As for your question, I would like to inform you that the calorie counter works based on the exercises and the activities that you perform.

So, if the watch sees and tracks an activity, it will be counted as so and the calories burned will be calculated.

Hope this answers your question.

Best wishes,
Max
View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Rickmarlow18,

Thank you forbringing this up, that's a good question!

First of all, i hope that you are enjoying the device and find its features useful in your daily activities!

As for your question, I would like to inform you that the calorie counter works based on the exercises and the activities that you perform.

So, if the watch sees and tracks an activity, it will be counted as so and the calories burned will be calculated.

Hope this answers your question.

Best wishes,
Max
Just got my band 3 pro and done my first workout but disappointed to find out that it doesn't appear to be counting calories correctly.
Ive been using a life log app on my Google pixel 2 up til now which I know was only a rough count however it did count calories all the time including sleep, normal steps throughout the day, exercise etc.
However my band 3 pro says at I've currently done 11594 steps which included a short 2mile run and says I've only burned 311 calories today which is clearly not right. Or it would have been the slowest, easiest 11594 steps ever.
Ive left my life log app running on my phone and this suggests I've done just under 3000 calories.
Is this an issue with how the band 3 is set up? Or is it not tracking properly?
Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @jimboscooby,

I moved your question here. Please read Max's reply and let us know if you still have questions.
Hi @Amy

Thanks.

Yes that doesn't answer my question really.

I can see what he's saying. But surely the point of a fitness tracker is so you can see how many calories you've burned in a day in total so you can plan your exercise around that to increase if needed?
The band 3 pro has a constant heart rate monitor and constant step counter so surely there's a way it could calculate roughly how many calories I'm burning in a day?
I did a short run yesterday (around 25 mins and just over 2 miles) but the band 3 pro said I'd only burned 72 calories in this time. I'm not in particularly great shape or particularly fit so I believe this is well under what it should be showing.

Is this just a limitation of the band 3 pro and it cant count daily calories? and if it can't, how come the fitbit can?

Thanks
@Amy

Sorry, I had another question too.

I went on the health app after my run and found the GPS tracked the run very well and showed exactly where I'd been on the map which was great.
But wasn't great was the stats afterwards. The data it's given me is quite confusing.
I went into my run, clicked on charts and gives a pie chart of the ranges my heart rate was in for the run. It's timed the entire run at 24:46 but this chart only shows just over 6 minutes of data. It shows extreme level for 4mins, Anearobic for 1 min, Aerobic <1min, Fat burning <1min and warm up 0mins.
Should this not show the entire runs data? Or would this indicate that it wasn't able to track my heart for all but 6 mins of the run? Like I didn't have it on tight enough or something?