I have used the band 4 to track 3 of my swim practices. I am an intermediate swimmer, each session I average 3.5 - 4.5 thousand yards. I hope Huawei takes these issues seriously and addresses them asap, it took me a while to write this up. Swim tracking at the moment produces useless stats. I hope the developers acknowledges they are working on these issues and provide an ETA. I do not feel a forum moderator (or BOT) responding with 'we have forwarded this as a suggestion to the developers' is acceptable.
So here are the issues:
- The health app showed each length as 24 yards. I set the band 4 watch to 25 yards before each swim and I also confirmed that I swim in a 25 yard pool. (screenshot 1 and 4).
- Elapsed time per length was not accurate for more than half of the lengths tracked (screenshot 1): For example, Length 12 and 14; 12 should be ~22 seconds and 14 should be ~30 seconds. (screenshot 2) is another example; butterfly should be around ~20 seconds. This issue appears throughout the log.
- This one is question not an issue. How will the app show interval sets? an example of interval set is, swimming 50 yards (2 lengths of the pool) in 1 minute, and repeat it 4 times. So if I swim 50 yards in 40 seconds, then I get to rest 20 seconds at the wall before doing the second set. I am not sure if the developers have considered this scenario before.
- Laps were missed or combined: see (screenshot 3). 25y of breaststroke should be around 20 seconds, but the app showed 1 minutes 29 seconds. Swimming 1 length of breaststroke this slow at 1:29 is really hard. This actually looked more like 3 lengths (75y) combined. In (screenshot 2), there should be a freestyle between 3 and 4.
- Swim tracking terminated by itself. This happened in all 3 of my swim practices, although happened at most twice during a practice. I think the touch screen is sensitive to the water while swimming, and the 'unlock' pattern (swipe up and then down) is too simple. So the water could have unlocked the watch, and terminated the swim tracking with series of touches.
- Screen sensitivity while taking a shower: While taking a shower, I haven't found a way to lock the screen. The running water wakes the screen, slides the screen, and makes random touches on the screen. One time it went far enough to actually start a running session.
Screenshot #2 (below):
screenshot #3 ( below):
Screenshot #4 (below):